Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Purchased new P380 but...

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Never heard of a dealer requiring to see a persons license. All he needs is your FFL's license and address to ship it to. It's up to your FFL to do the transfer and he'll want to see the license if it helps. Here in Wa, it don't matter anymore, they still like to see it if you have one but you still gotta wait for the blessing. Never had to do that before.
    You are correct. The license is for ammo.

WARNING:
    For all ammunition purchases, you must be 21 or older and must submit a Proof of Identification (i.e. driver’s license) to our email at sales@shoot-straight.com.

Approximate Manufacturer ID: KAHR ARMS KP3833NU build date?

Quote Originally Posted by joeb View Post
    Approximate Manufacturer ID: KAHR ARMS KP3833NU build date?
    Thats a product number NOT a serial number. The serial will enable you to get the date from Kahr. I looked around a found a couple sites that had these. Since "Demo" is in the title of the product description, I wonder if the U is from used? There was a listing somewhere that indicated what each letter meant in Kahr's product number, but I can't seem to find it now. Perhaps another member will come through! Edit: FRom Kahr FAQs.. U designates factory refurbished. 1 year warranty. https://www.kahr.com/faq/
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    Thats a product number NOT a serial number. The serial will enable you to get the date from Kahr. I looked around a found a couple sites that had these. Since "Demo" is in the title of the product description, I wonder if the U is from used? There was a listing somewhere that indicated what each letter meant in Kahr's product number, but I can't seem to find it now. Perhaps another member will come through!
    Saw this one, topgun.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867077545

I bought this MK9 at Gunbroker and delivery will be tomorrow. Looking for the P380 smaller brother.

**FACTORY NEW/UNFIRED**Kahr Model: M9098N MK9 9MM 3IN ELITE

***FACTORY NEW/UNFIRED*** Kahr Model: M9098N MK9 9MM 3IN ELITE With Custom Wood Grips. Original Kahr factory case, all paperwork, and all factory included accessories. (Will ship to your FFL $35) SPECIFICATIONS: Finish Stainless Type Semi-Automatic Action Double Action Only Caliber 9mm Barrel Length 3" Capacity 6+1/7+1 Safety No Manual Safety Grips Black Sights Night Sights

Yeah that's the product I saw. Tombstone tactical has it for 372+ . Note that they come only with 2- 7 rnd extended mags. The $299 P380s at shootstraight come with 2-6s and 1-7 rounder. The do not have night sights and the slide is black...its a personal choice, but I'd prefer the $299... which I did purchase several weeks ago. Never had a MK9 but I love the K9 I have! I know you'll enjoy it.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    Yeah that's the product I saw. Tombstone tactical has it for 372+ . Note that they come only with 2- 7 rnd extended mags. The $299 P380s at shootstraight come with 2-6s and 1-7 rounder. The do not have night sights and the slide is black...its a personal choice, but I'd prefer the $299... which I did purchase several weeks ago. Never had a MK9 but I love the K9 I have! I know you'll enjoy it.
    What exactly is a demo? Fired other than factory fired?

I haven't fired a MK9 but held one and it felt very nice and solid. I figure it will shoot sort of like my P365.
    I called Straight Shooter today but the online sales person was off.

It's a gun that sales reps might carry around, or maybe shot at SHOT that kind of thing. Most aren't shot much but handled some. I thought they were usually marked with a "U" in front of the trigger guard, not sure where they are marked on the tupperware models. The also a "B" mark or used to be which indicated a Blem of some sort, doesn't effect function and usually one really has to look for whatever the blem is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks B, I'd be interested if I can get a serial number on one of those pistols to make sure it's much newer than the 2014 one I bought and sent back.

Tried to get info on demos from Tombstone and another dealer on Gunbroker. Both didn't have much info on the guns and couldn't give me at least the first two letters of the S/N. Both said the P380 wasn't in their shops.

What approx build date is a P380 with the first two on the S/N RExxxx?