Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 33 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Try and keep up with Virginia. Things are going to get wild. Youngkin has banned the CRT and the BLM is going nuts. They have lost big time and I believe the Beginning of the end for their crap. Do you remember that you could not even say a thing about BLM when they first came out? Not now. People will tell it for what it is CRAP. "
    “Louis Farrakhan Dressed Up as Scholarship”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAZ4...=BreitbartNews

And LOL, that is not all. There is a new Marshall in town!!!!!

Virginia's new AG Jason Miyares announces major investigations within hours of taking office

New Republican attorney general announces crackdown on soft-on-crime parole policies and probe into Loudoun bathroom rape case

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginias-new-ag-miyares-announces-investigations-within-hours-loudoun-county

Oh dear, a Hi Power with a picitinny rail. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...year-hi-power/

Also with an ugly whale tail, and that trendy flat trigger.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Coming soon. Guesses?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cerakoted Sig Model PSomethinganother

228? 229?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Oh dear, a Hi Power with a picitinny rail. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...year-hi-power/

Also with an ugly whale tail, and that trendy flat trigger.
    I do like the grips!

What is pictured in Post #323 is a P239 40S&W frame and a P239 9mm Scorpion slide. Which are shootable mated as they are assuming 9mm cartridges are used.
    Soon though it will be a 9mm frame from a black 9mm SAS model, coupled with that same 9mm FDE Scorpion slide, just because I like the color combination. And yes the Scorpion slides (and frames), are cerakoted. Good guess Bird!

On another note, a cool thing about some of the Sig P-series gun is that with a 40/357 model of one of them a barrel and corresponding recoil spring for each of the three calibers will work in that 40/357 slide giving you one gun that will shoot all three calibers. For 9mm you you could either the 40/357 mags which feed the 9mm cartridges properly, or 9mm mags. In rare instances some fitting of the 9mm bbl is required. There are at least two models that this is true of, the P239 and P229. This is not to say 239 and 229 barrels are interchangeable between the models, only that within the confines of each model, being able to have one gun that will cycle and shoot 3 calibers from the same model is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    What is pictured in Post #323 is a P239 40S&W frame and a P239 9mm Scorpion slide. Which are shootable mated as they are assuming 9mm cartridges are used.
    Soon though it will be a 9mm frame from a black 9mm SAS model, coupled with that same 9mm FDE Scorpion slide, just because I like the color combination. And yes the Scorpion slides (and frames), are cerakoted. Good guess Bird!

On another note, a cool thing about some of the Sig P-series gun is that with a 40/357 model of one of them a barrel and recoil spring for all three calibers will work in that 40/357 slide giving giving you one gun that will shoot all three calibers. Of course for 9mm you have to also use the 40/357 mags but they feed properly. In rare instances some fitting of the 9mm bbl is required. There are at least two models that this is true of, the P239 and P229. This is not to say 239 and 229 barrels are interchangeable between the models, only that within the confines of each model, being able to have one gun that will cycle and shoot 3 calibers is doable.
    It sounds like you’ve done your homework on the compatibility of those parts. Sounds like fun! Farthest I’ve gone with anything like that was swapping out an M&P 9mm slide and mag onto a 40. Ran like a champ. Nice having such a gun, where you can shoot a diff caliber if you run out of one, or if one’s ammo becomes scarce.

The hardest part in all of that, at least concerning the 239's is that standalone barrels for them are scarce, since the gun model was discontinued in 2018 I believe. Of course it doesn't really matter if you have complete 9mm and 40S&W models because then there's no need to swap things out. And so far complete 239's are not yet very hard to come by.
    Sig recently announced another trimming of their catalog, dropping the P227 (.45), leaving only the P210, P220, P226, and P229, in the P-series, and 1911, with no .40 or .357 variants of anything being produced currently. And not many different models of those they're keeping. The P938 and P238 are down to I think one or two models each only? There is one metal framed P320 AXG being made. But Sig is seemingly more into the plastic fantastics these days. Makes sense I guess from a business perspective when the market's there and they're cheaper to produce. From an enthusiasts perspective though, it's not so good. I hope the new BHP models from the three manufacturers making them take off like gangbusters. We need some metal, hammer-fired guns to keep these companies in the game. The S&W CSX is a refreshing addition but it has seemingly been released before it should have been, based on some design shortcomings, but I hope that it too takes off well and keeps on generating interest. I'd sure like to see the P210 Carry that Sig promised a couple of years back make it to market!

I thought the P210 Carry was out. Basically a P210 standard which they discontinued and replaced with the Carry moniker.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."