Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 34 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

I’m still wanting a P210. Colonel, I remember when you got yours. Such a work of art.
    Sad to hear Sig is getting rid of so many, but I know business is business and they have to focus on what sells. Other than their 1911’s, I’ve only ever had the 238’s and 938’s. Kind of 1911ish is why. To this day, I still say that a Hogue gripped 238 is the sweetest shooting 380’s ever made (Sorry Kahr p/c 380’s!). At least for my hands. Nothing in 380 has ever felt so right. I just moved away from them when I started getting into non thumb safety guns for carry. Don’t get me wrong, the 226’s and the others you guys like seem to be awesome weapons, but Sig’s to me, other than the 238’s and 938’s have just always been a little on the “fat” side for carry for a guy with a build like me (dunlop). That’s why I carry a CW9 90% of the time. I have shot some of them though and do believe they are fine weapons, but given their girth I’d only have one as a range gun. But for me at least, nothing will ever compare to a 1911 at the range, so that’s what I mostly toy with. I always say to each his own as I know we all have different needs, desires and “feels” about certain weapons, so I hope others don’t take what I say as negative towards what they choose.

Nah Bird, we all have the same right here to our opinion.

Colonel I don't think the P210 standard is the same gun that Sig showed off as the Carry at the 2019 Shot Show. I could be wrong but I think that gun was quite a bit smaller in both length and grip. I could be wrong however. I'm going to look for that video and report back.

edit: It was the 2020 SS. Here's the video Colonel, is this a gun that's available now? If so I'm gonna start looking into it.

I couldn't say for sure as I've not seen one in person but I did hear the standard P210 without target grips and the adjustable sights was discontinued when the Carry was introduced. I just assumed it's out there. I'm still recovering from getting my Target but I'd probably get the carry too if I ever see one in real life.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don't think it is Colonel. Can't find on on GB, and it's not on Sig's site. Also, in searching the interweb all I can find are references to stories and comments concerning the 2020 shot show announcement. I don't think Sig has released it.

I had a P238 for a while and yes, it shot really nice. I just didn’t want a SA carry gun.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I had a P238 for a while and yes, it shot really nice. I just didn’t want a SA carry gun.
    I’m with you. It’s either have one, and there’s a step you have to do between drawing and shooting (clicking the safety off), or carrying with the safety off, which is a Nooooooo way given the short, light trigger.

The thing at least for me is the safety on a 1911 is completely natural. I use it for a thumb rest, just tightening the grip instinctively pushes the safety down. I also thumb the safety down even when it's not there, Kahr, Glock, whatever. Just a natural movement. It's actually more difficult to thumb the safety back on after shooting, I have to work at that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I’m with you. It’s either have one, and there’s a step you have to do between drawing and shooting (clicking the safety off), or carrying with the safety off, which is a Nooooooo way given the short, light trigger.

I had a Ruger LC9S with a safety. I did not have a issue with it, but the trigger had gone down to 4lbs of pull and no resistance before the wall. I had been shooting the Kahr, Nano, Pico and revolvers and really loved the DAO triggers. I had the gun sent in to Ruger to make the trigger stronger they did nothing, so traded it one day when I saw a used CM9 at my lgs. I already had a CM9 but wanted one for a range gun. So things worked out. I really liked the LC9s. Slim design reliable etc. But that trigger was just too much. I was scared that if something happened to me, someone else in my family might inherit the gun and hurt themselves or worse.
    What gets me is, people carry these kind of triggers all the time. In fact when I mentioned the light trigger, people commented and said how they "Want" a trigger like that. One guy said he sent his off and had a trigger job down to 3lbs of pull on one. And of Course all of these guys DO NOT WANT THE SAFETY with them. "The Pro Series".
    I will never go back to a Striker fired light trigger with the way they do the take up now. Kahr makes a great trigger for carry. That alone is worth the price of admission. To be honest, if Kahr trigger were a tad heavier, it would not bother me one bit.

I've never been comfortable knowing that the public is walking around with "Glock type trigger" firearms. I know that there is a segment of society that just tosses this type of firearm into a jacket/pants pocket for a quick jaunt to the store without a proper holster. I've seen it a time or two. They could end up shooting themselves or an innocent party. They don't see the distinction between a range gun trigger or a carry gun trigger. I think that trigger discussions in general are sometimes overlooked in CCL classes and general knowledge situations being taught to the public. I was thinking back to my state qualification for a carry license. 25 people there qualifying. 4 women, all with revolvers, and the men all had semi autos of every variety. Boy, how things have changed. Now, we see all the tricked out stuff that you really shouldn't be using for carry purposes, in small packages. I must say though, I noticed that the women shooters were not all that accurate with their revolvers. In watching them, I believe it was due to the triggers. I think that in many cases, the triggers were just too heavy for them to be accurate. Probably too heavy for most men. But in a defensive situation where adrenaline is pumping, the triggers were most likely fine. That being said, my wifey carries an LCP 2. Am I happy with her choice? It has one of "those" triggers....... No........ Wouldn't even be my 100th choice if I had my say but she likes the gun and the trigger and shoots it well. I tried my best early on to help her understand the whole trigger thing. She also shot firearms with different types of triggers. I think that firearms instructors should put some more emphasis on trigger types and operation. Maybe the public would be more informed and make better/more practical firearm choices for carry.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I’m still wanting a P210. Colonel, I remember when you got yours. Such a work of art.
    Sad to hear Sig is getting rid of so many, but I know business is business and they have to focus on what sells. Other than their 1911’s, I’ve only ever had the 238’s and 938’s. Kind of 1911ish is why. To this day, I still say that a Hogue gripped 238 is the sweetest shooting 380’s ever made (Sorry Kahr p/c 380’s!). At least for my hands. Nothing in 380 has ever felt so right. I just moved away from them when I started getting into non thumb safety guns for carry. Don’t get me wrong, the 226’s and the others you guys like seem to be awesome weapons, but Sig’s to me, other than the 238’s and 938’s have just always been a little on the “fat” side for carry for a guy with a build like me (dunlop). That’s why I carry a CW9 90% of the time. I have shot some of them though and do believe they are fine weapons, but given their girth I’d only have one as a range gun. But for me at least, nothing will ever compare to a 1911 at the range, so that’s what I mostly toy with. I always say to each his own as I know we all have different needs, desires and “feels” about certain weapons, so I hope others don’t take what I say as negative towards what they choose.
    The Sig's have always been on the "fat side" in the grip for me also. It's frustrating because Sig makes a fine firearm. Before the only recorded hurricane in Wisc. history, I owned a P220 SAS. Super nice firearm. Smooth shooter. Traded it because the grip was just too much for me. I don't keep what I can't shoot, so off it went. It didn't go easily.....................