Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 257 of 262 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2619

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Thanks and WOW Barth! That CZ is gorgeous! Question: What is the slide and frame. If the slide is stainless and the frame is stainless or alloy, you could repeat that look and have it be even more durable with a good polish job. Either way, I’m droolin on that CZ!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I bet you could make an incredible looking stand with your wood working skills! Hippo tooth? Never heard or seen. That’s pretty cool. Are they old? I bet they cost a pretty penny either way.
    Yes, I love the little grips and that plunger tube covering they do. Well worth investing in some different bushings and screws to be able to get them on there. Interesting back story on why/when you got your Para. I understand why you’d want to display it.
    Hippo tooth is Ivory. A member here sent me the tooth and I made him a set that he had scrimshawed. Got two other sets out of the tooth as well. Hard to work with. Thought I'd posted pics here not long ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ah, yes you did. I am slipping a bit here then sir. Both of those sets look very nice and I remember drooling over them when you posted (I remember you speaking of the smell). Good to know you can craft bone. I’m still considering purchasing and sending you some Mother Of Pearl scales one day. Maybe an expensive experiment, but if pulled off Bawanna style then some incredible grips would be birthed into this world! I hope you and I both can get together on that one day, if you are game for it.
    The bobbed one’s, I would have never guessed. I would have thought to be some sort of stabilized or spalted somethinganother. Short of the mammoth stuff, how much rarer can you get than hippo tooth? I bet you wish you still had access to some of that stuff.

The bobbed ones are stabilized box elder burl. Very nice, think I still have those. I just took the picture of the tooth with that gun probably cause I was wearing it that day.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have checked out Fusion closely Bird. But the thing that has kept me from them is the shortage of youtube videos on them. I still can't figure out why that is, they've been around long enough. But the strange lack of them, and therefore feedback is a bit concerning.

Cool Stainless CZ 75

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Thanks and WOW Barth! That CZ is gorgeous! Question: What is the slide and frame. If the slide is stainless and the frame is stainless or alloy, you could repeat that look and have it be even more durable with a good polish job. Either way, I’m droolin on that CZ!
    The entire gun is stainless (slide and frame)
    I believe they had two All Stainless models.
    One had a matte stainless finish and the other came from the factory a with high polished stainless finish.

Wow! Droolin even more on that one with the g10 grips and polished floor plate. Would super love to have that one!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I have checked out Fusion closely Bird. But the thing that has kept me from them is the shortage of youtube videos on them. I still can't figure out why that is, they've been around long enough. But the strange lack of them, and therefore feedback is a bit concerning.
    10-4. I totally get you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The bobbed ones are stabilized box elder burl. Very nice, think I still have those. I just took the picture of the tooth with that gun probably cause I was wearing it that day.
    That stabilized box elder burl is some pretty stuff! Some of the pieces currently for sale on Ebay look incredible.

Looks like they melted the edges for carry also Barth. Pretty piece!