CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is this cutting you're speaking of? I just drilled a hole in each. They extend through the grip and into the cutout of the frame. Turned my 1911 into a single shot, but who needs more than one round of God's Caliber?

Actually I used a reinforced dremel cutoff wheel. Those casings are more substantial than they look. And who wants to reload after every shot?

Can't wait to see your new grips Bird. What are they going to be for?

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    What is this cutting you're speaking of? I just drilled a hole in each. They extend through the grip and into the cutout of the frame. Turned my 1911 into a single shot, but who needs more than one round of God's Caliber?

Actually I used a reinforced dremel cutoff wheel. Those casings are more substantial than they look. And who wants to reload after every shot?

Can't wait to see your new grips Bird. What are they going to be for?
    Funny stuff! 😎
    The 1st grips are going to be officer sized. The first set will be to sand, grind and refine to actually make a final mold. Not even sure what I’m going to do yet, but may even be a side gig in retirement. Whole goal is to make them cover the frame fully, front to rear, where other grip makers do not seem to do that.
    The clay I used reacted with the silicone, leaving a rough, lumpy texture. I'll get these in shape and patched up and then hope to show you some nice finished pair(s).
    20240502_170941.jpg20240502_170955.jpg