Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 32 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    And you’ll want to get it milled for a red dot
    And a laser.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's what my wife has in her purse. I like the shrouded hammer and I like to pull the hammer back. I don't advise her too because you can't get a very positive grasp on it to let it down. A member here long ago had the shroud machined away a bit on his so the hammer was a tad more exposed. I just leave this one as is, it works for her.
    Make sure you do a regular check for lint and crud in that humpback. They are famous for collecting stuff that may hamper a solid hammer strike. I am amazed at what I get when I inspect my carry folder that is always clipped to my jeans or a 340 that accompanies me on my walks.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Found a “new” gun...
    Well not really new, but forgot I had it.
    We were cleaning out boxes of crap from guestroom closet & under the bed that haven’t been touched in 25 years, and this 1960s repro of a British Land Pattern flinter .69 caliber (made in Japan) turned up. Long ago I had “patina’d” the metal to look like it was an antique. Gotta get a new mainspring from Dixie Gun Works though.
    In between loads you could turn it around and start clubbing.

FN, new updated Hi Power. Just announced.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    FN, new updated Hi Power. Just announced.
    That makes a lot of sense, Springfield comes out with the SA35 because FN says tooling was too expensive so discontinued. Now suddenly they are making Hi Powers again. Maybe it'll take some of the heat off the Springfield and mine will show up sooner, still no sign of it yet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Now I don’t know which I want.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I take the grips off, and the side plate and take out the cylinder. I do not take all the parts apart, no need to. This time I used "Safety Ultrasonic Weapons cleaner". And then when finished, dunked it all in a Jar of ballistol Milk and blew all out with a can of compressed air. The Ballistol dries and leaves a very super slick thin film of lubricant. The gun now is so much smoother. The cylinder release was becoming someone stubborn and now opens very easy. And Grittiness has gone.
    Actually this stuff worked better than anything I have used. I also use Hornady one shot.

https://www.lrultrasonics.com/industries/firearms

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Agree, I think the end is coming to BLM. Going down like Brandon's and CNN rating. People are sick of it.

I love this cleaner. Just a small one. Great for cleaning a lot of magazines without having to take them apart. Get all the crud out of the trigger parts etc. I use a cleaner agent, but most of the time use Ballistol Milk. (90% water 10% Ballistol). The Ballistol leaves a super slick fine film on the mags and Parts.
    I hope you are correct about the BLM stuff. Nothing good from “org’s” like that for sure.
    I looked up some cheaper cleaners, such as at Harbor Freight. I had no idea they could be had for so cheap. With one of their 20% off coupons, I’ve gotta get one. Thanks for peaking my interest and for letting me know the solution to put into it. As much as I sweat up my guns it will be cool to get ‘em all cleaned and protected in the crannies I can’t easily reach.

A clean gun is a happy gun.

By the way read this. It is fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    A clean gun is a happy gun.

By the way read this. It is fascinating.

Man I thought I could click on that and open up an e-book. That woulda been nice! Have to check it out sometime. I know if Levin wrote it then it must be pretty good.