Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 234 of 252 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2513

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Haven't been around in a while and missed out on all the 1911 conversations.
    My Dan Wesson slide stop comes with the relief cut on the slide stop (no idiot scratches)
    But as I've said before, the safety is sharp and kept drawing blood during live fire
    Really unacceptable for a NIB $1,500 1911.
    DWCS would do nothing.
    But had it replaced with a Wilson Combat Tactical Bulletproof Safety - and problem solved
    Color of the bead blasted brushed stainless is perfect as well.
    Literally looks like it came on the gun from the factory.
    Got to love how you can swap parts with 1911s.
    And the quality of Wilson Combat continues to impress.
    I'd still like to own a WC someday.
    Got burned on a used one years ago and the +3K for a new one continues to be off putting.
    Maybe someday ...
    I’m with you Barth. A DW or STI is as much as I’ve ever spent. Been lucky I suppose as the one’s I’ve had were as good as can be to me. I too would like something like a Wilson, or some of the other equivalents, but just can’t see it unless sitting very flush on found or easy money. Maybe a great scratch off ticket? : )

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    Very clever and creative, and I admire your ability to visualize in "negative". Back in the day of picture strip negatives, I was always struck by how different they looked from the positive - I couldn't visualize the positive from the negative or vice versa.
    Thank you for the positive words! I know exactly why you say what you do. I was a Lithographers Mate (printer) in the Navy and produced many a negative for burning printing press plates. It was sometimes confusing if something needed to be opaqued out, because I had to take into account if what I was opaquing would or would not come out in the print.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Yup, I got the high end WC part and it wasn't cheap ($71.95).
    THUMB SAFETY, SINGLE SIDE, TACTICAL LEVER, 1911, BULLET PROOF, STAINLESS (wilsoncombat.com)
    Plus had a gunsmith fit and install.
    But it looks and works perfectly
    And it's my baby ...
    I've seen a half dozen or more comments/complaints about the DW thumb safety digging into people's hands. I guess in that case it comes down to fitting other manufacturers' parts into your guns? DW does such a good job putting guns together but that is one area where they cut a corner, and didn't melt it in as it should have been. I'd probably have the same complaint but I think my grip prevents that edge from digging into my thumb. Glad you got it worked out though!

Finished the electro etch. While it did not leave behind any black, I'm still happy with the etch part. I could do a black wash/color fill, but kinda diggin it as is. Still have some nail polish to remove, but had to show you guys how it came out. Rather than damascus, in person at least, it looks more like those meteorite 1911's Coonan made. 😁
    20240322_232002.jpg
    20240322_232023.jpg
    20240322_232033.jpg
    20240322_232043.jpg
    20240322_232048.jpg

I know zip about electro etch but I love it. Looks cool to me.

I have a very early Wilson, from when he first started making complete guns and not just slides and accessories. A Sgt at the PD got it for a wedding present and showed it to me. It just feels like quality just holding it. A few years later I couldn't remember who had it. Later he came to my desk with about 5 guns. He wasn't really a gun guy and said he don't keep guns that he doesn't use. Asked me to help him sell them. I started opening cases and one was the Wilson. He said I know you want that one. I told him I surely did but couldn't happen. I had about 800 dollars worth of comp time coming which I thought was about half what it was worth. He said that's fine, he didn't care and would take the 800. Felt like a lottery win.
    It's not near as fancy as these ones now days that start at 3500 but it's a great gun, super accurate and just feels like high quality in your hand.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Man I'd love to have that Wilson. Something to be said about one of the early one's. And at what you paid, which was downright lottery winning type stuff! 😎

Here's my high dollar electro etcher. 😀 I have a box I throw any old cords into and luckily still had an old laptop power supply.
    20240323_075252.jpg

Man be careful Bird. That laptop charger has enough current going through it to put you in the grave!

As I thought, your process looks unique, to me. So far I'm liking it and am looking forward to see what you do next with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Man I'd love to have that Wilson. Something to be said about one of the early one's. And at what you paid, which was downright lottery winning type stuff! 😎

Here's my high dollar electro etcher. 😀 I have a box I throw any old cords into and luckily still had an old laptop power supply.
    20240323_075252.jpg
    I'm out, that picture looks skeery as heck to me. Like sitting in the execution chair instead of this rolling one. You wet the little sponge to keep from catching on fire? I'm with Dao, be super careful man, ya done lost your hair, all ready for the beany.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks dao!
    Yes to both of you about being careful and thanks for the caution & concern. I wore rubber gloves and did everything one handed so I would not complete the circuit on accident.
    Yes Colonal, I have little bowl of super salty water sitting there, dip the gator clipped cotton ball in, then put that against the frame surface. It sizzles, hisses and turns black. Once washed, all of the black dissapeared. I lightly sanded this am and the lines came out even better.
    20240323_075147.jpg

And a loose fit teaser shot for motivation to stay the course 😁
    20240323_115717.jpg