Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 243 of 260 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2600

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

What is the finish on it now. Matte, kind of glossy? I’ve never had one, hence my asking. Unless it is already pretty shiny and scratch free, I would start with something a bit more abrasive than a cream polish or 1200 grit. Once you let me know (close up well lit pics would help) I could maybe give a bit better advice. Either way, be prepared my friend. Your hands and arms are about to be in for a long haul UNLESS you just want it a bit shinier.

Been awhile since I seen one but seems like they are kind of glossy, not brushed or what I call Matte. Just not super high polish. But my memory of course ain't what it used to be.

So in summary, I never use catchup on a corn dog, only mustard. Hope this helps.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Been awhile since I seen one but seems like they are kind of glossy, not brushed or what I call Matte. Just not super high polish. But my memory of course ain't what it used to be.

So in summary, I never use catchup on a corn dog, only mustard. Hope this helps.
    I'm with you on the corn dog. Only a wierdo would put catchup! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    What is the finish on it now. Matte, kind of glossy? I’ve never had one, hence my asking. Unless it is already pretty shiny and scratch free, I would start with something a bit more abrasive than a cream polish or 1200 grit. Once you let me know (close up well lit pics would help) I could maybe give a bit better advice. Either way, be prepared my friend. Your hands and arms are about to be in for a long haul UNLESS you just want it a bit shinier.
    Shiny now....would like to shine it up some more YOU KNOW BLIND EVERYONE NEAR!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Ok. I take back what I said earlier now that I see it (Beautiful, both of them). I actually would work it with a polishing paste or cream . Put a generous amount on a very soft rag and rub, rub, rub. After that, rub some more. Or, if using a buffer or dremel buffing tips, go straight to the finishing rouge, moving really quickly. Finish with a clean, soft loose cloth wheel on the buffer.

What I can't possibly see in the pic is if the metal has what I call graining. Super tiny lines and/or bumps that prevent it from getting to a mirror. If it does, I would start with maybe 800 grit, (it will look worse before it looks better) then 1200, then either go higher or to the buffing wheel and paste. If not going to use a buffing wheel, keep going higher on the grit until almost a mirror, then go to the paste. To get into the cylinder flutes, you'll want to wrap your sandpaper around something small and cylindrical, such as a cleaning rod or wooden dowel. To get into small flat areas, wrap the sandpaper around a small, flat needle/French file.20240130_224114.jpg
    20240121_133543.jpg
    20240121_135739.jpg

Are you certain those aren't Nickel plated? As expensive as they are, I don't think they charge enough to get everything that shiny. If it's plated and you break out the sandpaper your definitely in for a large disappointment.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I'm with you on the corn dog. Only a wierdo would put catchup! 
    Call me a weirdo, but I use ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Call me a weirdo, but I use ketchup.
    Wierdo! Lol!😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Are you certain those aren't Nickel plated? As expensive as they are, I don't think they charge enough to get everything that shiny. If it's plated and you break out the sandpaper your definitely in for a large disappointment.
    Oh so true!!!

Cool Not really a new gun, but a new configuration (SBR)!