Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 84 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

I hear they have excellent customer service too. Hope I never need it

I've used their customer service three times, I think. Both on used guns, and they sent me parts or repaired the gun free, no questions asked.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I have always liked Ruger's seem to be good guns that are made in the USA.
    I've always loved Ruger revolvers, never gelled much with the auto's myself. I did a little on the job training at a gun shop 25 years ago and sold a bunch. Nothing but good reports then and I'm sure they have improved even more since then.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

How's the trigger?
    NRA Benefactor

Better since I put a lighter hammerspring in it. DA is just under 8lbs now. Smooth throughout but long. Crisp break. SA is just under 4lbs, short and crisp but quite a lot of take up.

I'm just the opposite Colonel, not much of a revolver guy. But from what I've seen in hand and read there's not much to dislike, if anything about their wheel guns.

I've shared this before but since it was such a high point in my life I'll share it again.
    Many many years ago, probably 35years or more I had a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt. It was well worn and had been packed a lot out in the woods.
    I was big into reloading in those days and in my insanity of youth read a lot of PO Ackerly's writings and load developments. He came up with what he called a Tri-Plex load for 45 colt warning only to be used in modern carbines.
    It consisted of 3 different powders and then a filler to keep them in place. I reasoned that if they worked in a carbine, it should certainly be ok in a strong Blackhawk.
    So I proceeded to load a half dozen or so of these Tri-Plex loads and headed to my friends house with property to try er out.
    Got it loaded up and in the interest of safety offered him the first shot. He passed and said I should have the honor, went back and forth until I went to the truck and got some fishing line I'd brought just in case this should occur. Along with 3 25lb bags of #8 shotshell BB's.
    We put down one bag, then the gun barrel, with 2 bags on top. Tied the line to the trigger and backed off about 15 ft, pondered a bit and decided 30ft might be safer and since I had plenty of line went back about 50ft.
    Long story getting longer I gave er a yank and lord have mercy I thought a grenade had gone off. We waited for the smoke to clear and went to retrieve the gun. 50lb's of shot scattered all over the area but the gun looked fine and dandy. Yeehaw!
    So then we argued about who got to shoot it in hand first. I won that argument. BUT when I went to pull the hammer back the cylinder wouldn't rotate......hmmmm nothing for it, it had bulged the cylinder.........
    So now for the best part. After some contemplation for a week or so and beings I could still hear on the phone a little bit, I decided to call Ruger and explain my issue.

Low and behold after a couple rings I hear. Sturm Ruger, Bill Ruger speaking........I couldn't speak, he says hello. I managed to get out William Bannerman Ruger? He said yes, how can I help you. I said you answer the telephone? He said he likes to move around the company, machining, all the different phases but how could he help......I told him what I'd done, straight up. Major overload, totally my fault.
    His response, send the gun in to his attention and he would take care of it.

About 2 weeks later my beloved Ruger came back in a brand new factory box, they replaced the cylinder, and reblued the entire gun, it looked brand spanking new. Which was kind of sad, lost all the character of the well worn gun.

Along with a gun was a note that this was no way Rugers fault and determined to be caused by a severed over charge. Invoice......... per Bill Ruger NO CHARGE.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

WOW how cool is that!!!!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Not really related....but kind of reminds of back in my drag racing days when I went "heads up" with Don Garlits, [King of Drag Racing]. I was put up against him at Lebanon Valley Dragway in New York during time trials. He was racing Top Fuel and I was racing Jr. Fuel [ supercharged hemi dragster against injected small block Chevy dragster]. We were 2 entirely different classes of race car that was raced against each other in time trials. I hole shot him off the line by about 5 car lengths [he flew by me half track like I was tied to a tree]. He came over to me in the pits and asked what I was running saying "he had never been hole shot like that". I was using experimental 2 speed transmission with a 50 pound flywheel. Others all were using "direct drive" [1 speed] and no flywheel less than 10 pounds. It was cool talking to such a legend!

https://www.ocalagazette.com/big-dad...-90-years-old/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Very cool stories!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Bill Ruger and Big Daddy Garlits. You guys rub shoulders with the best of the best. Thanks for sharing!