Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 238 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Default Happiness is a new gun 2

Wait is over. Just like the one before this my wait time was only 4 days. Still, it's hard to leave them behind after paying for them.
    The gun is brushed and shiny on the flats and bead blasted on the rounds. I'm not much of a photog so the pictures don't do the gun justice.
    Took a few pictures with the factory grips, a set of light grey canvas micarta grips that I oiled so they're black right now, but will turn much lighter when dry. And a set of white G10 grips.
    Colonel I'm about to send you a PM about a work request.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is that a Dan Wesson?

It is indeed. Technically it's a CZ as they bought Dan Wesson and the quality improved although Dan Wesson did them right.

I wear one most everyday, just a great gun.

Of those 3 grips I much prefer the stock grips, hopefully what I send you will put those in the drawer but the stock grips are nice. I always keep the original grips for each gun.
    Kind of frustrates me that they can make those in probably 15 minutes and it takes me 2 full days or more. Modern technology meets old school shade tree I guess.

Back to the sawdust for me, kind of cloudy and cool here, perfect day for sawdust.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

As the Colonel said, it is indeed. I'm very impressed with it and can't wait to get it to the range.

The oil (FP-10) that I put on the micarta grips is already drying and the grips are gradually going back to their gray color. When they're done I'll take another pic. I wouldn't have oiled them except I forgot what I was doing and grabbed the gun while cleaning it, with oily hands. I'm really hoping they will return to their white/gray color. Micarta is used more on knife handles than gun grips. I have a couple of TOPS knives with gray/black micarta handles. They have more of a wood-like pattern to them than these but they match pretty well.

I don't know how checkering is done, and I have a feeling that I shouldn't. I don't have the patience to do something like that, AND I'm sure it would take me much longer to do it wrong than it takes you to do it right Colonel.

Congrats dao! That's a fine firearm.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks Greg, it feels very nice in hand.

That's beautiful! I like the wood grips best but whatever you put on there will look great....Made my overalls stick out...

Thanks! The Colonel is making a set of wood grips with the "Armor of God" medallions on them for me. He's going to let me choose between that last set of cocobola grips that he checkered, and a set of wenge wood grips. Those will be for dress-up, I'll run the Micarta grips in the middle picture on it for daily carry. They're starting to lighten back up as the oil dries. They're about halfway to light gray now, but still have some drying to do to get back to what they were before I oiled them.

Grips continue to lighten but still a long way from the mostly white that they were when I unpackaged them. Or maybe it's just my memory at fault. Compared to the picture on VZs site they're very close.

They are looking better and better as they lighten up.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."