Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 75 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Colonel, I'm with you man. In cooler weather I get lost in time. I usually take 3-4 parts at a time out there. The small parts get too hot to hold pretty quick, so I'll put that part down and work on another a bit. I keep each guns parts in their own lil cardboard boxes, with anything to be polished or thats done in lil zip locks to protect them. My only issue is when it's one where there are no drawings or youtube vids. Too long after tear down I can forget whhat goes where, but things like that I make drawings and take a ton of pics during dissasembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Time marches on. I remember right after I got squished and was teaching myself to checker I could be at the bench all night, 15-20 hours straight and work with the nekkid eye. Now if I can pull off 2 hours I'm doing good and I where reading glasses and an opti visor magnifier. Nice to have multiple things to do so if one thing is frustrating, you can set it aside and do something else and come back to it.
    My wife is into crafts and she can work on multiple projects on top of each other with crap all over the place. I just can't do that. I put everything away and start with a clean bench. Sometimes foolishly. I put tools away only to have to retrieve them again minutes later but at least I know where they are I guess.
    I'm with you there Colonel. I've developed a long-time habit of putting my tools away where they belong. I knew way back when that it would pay off and now that I sometimes can't remember why I entered a room it surely has!

John, yes sir, that is my goal. Lot of things need to happen first, including cleaning up and cleaning out that little room. Then purchase a used, heavy wood desk off Craigslist, then cut a hole in the side door for the unit as there are no windows in that room. So, I have to purchase a few of those "round tuits" before I can get started. My back is ok some days, but most days not so much. All of the stars have to align before the round tuits arrive on these kinds of projects. That and the work stuff/having time.😂😂😂

Time marches on. I remember right after I got squished and was teaching myself to checker I could be at the bench all night, 15-20 hours straight and work with the nekkid eye. Now if I can pull off 2 hours I'm doing good and I where reading glasses and an opti visor magnifier. Nice to have multiple things to do so if one thing is frustrating, you can set it aside and do something else and come back to it.
    My wife is into crafts and she can work on multiple projects on top of each other with crap all over the place. I just can't do that. I put everything away and start with a clean bench. Sometimes foolishly. I put tools away only to have to retrieve them again minutes later but at least I know where they are I guess.
    I can sure relate to that eye thing. I can’t see worth a crap anymore up close. Many times I just have to ditch the glasses all together and just get real close. Seems my bifocals or trifocals or whatever I’m wearing just makes things more difficult. I’m finding getting older sure requires a lot of patience.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have to get cataract surgery next month and hope it helps some……My vision has degraded for a while but the last year or two has me challenged to drive after dark and to see somewhat clearly I have to close one eye……..Getting old sucks!

I have that close one eye thing two, what the heck does that mean? Think I got cataracts?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

When I was seeing a dark spot when looking through peep sights, that was a sign of cataracts. My young eye doc with millions of dollars of equipment didn’t catch them. The old experienced doc saw them with a flashlight and magnifying glass. Zap zap two implants and great vision.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I have that close one eye thing two, what the heck does that mean? Think I got cataracts?
    I think if I get the close one eye thing I’ll get me a parrot and an eye patch and create my new image. Of course I’d have to get me a sailboat then too and maybe some cannons. Might be fun.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

^^^Thanks for the chuckle Some cannons. What a hoot!

A couple years back I bought a Ruger SP101 22lr just to teach students how a revolver operates. Liked the gun and it had a great trigger but cocking the hammer was a pain due to the weak stippling on the spur. Today, I traded it for a S&W Mod 17-3.
    The wide trigger and hammer in the K22 models made it a no brainer. Not in perfect condition but no rust or serious dings and just a bit of holster wear from it's 47 years of use.
    Left the store, took it to the range and was very happy with the performance. It's home now and completely stripped and lubricated. I am a happy camper.
    http://
    Last edited by 340pd; 06-01-2022 at 04:32 PM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"