Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 21 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Hogue makes the Sig G10 grips on those guns that now come from the factory with G10s, even those with the Sig emblem. Hogue also makes aftermarket grips to the same specs as those they provide to the factory. Hence the similarity. This model was equipped with factory E2 grips which are plastic and attach without screws by squeezing and latching onto the frame. The ones from Hogue to replace those, which I bought and put on also come with the bushings and screws needed to mount them on the gun.

Yes this one is DA/SA and that is the decocker. I have not yet tried one of their DAO, or DAK guns. Don't know if I will. Same with HK, I have only owned DA/SA and none of their LEM (DAO) variants. The only DAO guns I own are Kahrs .

And yes, I'm very fond of the Sig Anti Snag, SAS treatment. But then I've always been a sucker for a pretty face. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Hogue makes the Sig G10 grips on those guns that now come from the factory with G10s, even those with the Sig emblem. Hogue also makes aftermarket grips to the same specs as those they provide to the factory. Hence the similarity. This model was equipped with factory E2 grips which are plastic and attach without screws by squeezing and latching onto the frame. The ones from Hogue to replace those, which I bought and put on also come with the bushings and screws needed to mount them on the gun.

Yes this one is DA/SA and that is the decocker. I have not yet tried one of their DAO, or DAK guns. Don't know if I will. Same with HK, I have only owned DA/SA and none of their LEM (DAO) variants. The only DAO guns I own are Kahrs .

And yes, I'm very fond of the Sig Anti Snag, SAS treatment. But then I've always been a sucker for a pretty face. Thanks!
    Well I learned a few things from your reply. Did not know the DAK one’s were DAO and did not know the HK LEM’s were specific to be DAO, even though I’ve had both at some point in time. Just thought they were some sort of special editions or something. Thanks!

darn, now I have to get a new set of grips. Those look nice.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Sig makes DAO variants as well as DAK. They are somewhat different. DAK stands for Double Action Kellerman, after the guy that developed it. It operates differently than a straight DAO in that the action on a cocked trigger is lighter than that on a decocked gun, though both are double action. So I "think" the DAK might even have a decocker on it too, I can't recall for sure. I'm probably missing something here in my explanation so it might be best to go out to youtube and get the complete (and accurate), definition from someone who owns one, or just plain knows what they're talking about.

The HK LEM variants come in a few flavors. LEM stands for Law Enforcement Model, and while they are all DAO, the hammer springs differ and so the trigger pull varies from strong to light to very light. Never owned one of those either.
    Always something new and interesting to learn about our hobby. I spend probably far too much time reading reviews and watching youtube videos about various firearms. But hey, I'm retired so I guess it's ok.

If you get a set of these, OpticsPlanet sells them for less than Hogue does. For that matter you can find them on eBay for less too. They're still the same grips, made by Hogue, but less expensive.

I know I like mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I like it too jeepster. Did you do the camo pattern on your slide?

“ I spend probably far too much time reading reviews and watching youtube videos about various firearms. But hey, I'm retired so I guess it's ok.”
    You and me both brother! Not retired, but learning about various guns is FUN, FUN, FUN!

I like it too jeepster. Did you do the camo pattern on your slide?
    No, just the slide.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I see a pattern emerging