Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 117 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2376

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

You got a bargain there Bird! Been awhile since I've bought any 9mm for .33 per round.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    You got a bargain there Bird! Been awhile since I've bought any 9mm for .33 per round.
    Yes sir! Not too shabby a deal. Interestingly, after posting about that on here, a guy posted up 550 rounds for $135. I was too slow seeing it, as he said he has a buyer pending when I told him I wanted it. Will let me know by 3pm today if his “pending” shows up or not. A few years ago, would you have ever imagined us talking about trying to score a deal on ammo? Sheez, what’s the world coming to?

Seems like only yesterday that Cabella's had adds in their monthly paper catalogue showing 9mm ammo (low end stuff) for "only 6-1/2 ¢ per round in bulk". But, I remember buying .22 cartridges for 25¢ per box fpr Shorts, 35 ¢ per box for Longs and 45¢ for Long Rifles.

After over 50 years of "employment" I'm finally understanding inflation .... just about to the same extent as understanding women ....

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Man, those were the good ol’ days!

Default I Bought a Cow

awhile back. Or at least the outside of one.

Made a leather shop apron and then decided to try my hand at a case for my new Rossi. Came out pretty well. It's two layers, with a reinforced muzzle end on the inside and outside to protect the business end of the rifle. I like to sew stuff and making gear for shooting and working in the garage is mostly what I do. I'm going to enter two of the aprons I've made, one out of leather and the other of cordura, in the county fair next year.

Here's how the case turned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's damn nice. Would love to see the shop aprons too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks Colonel.
    I took up sewing right after I retired. I've made quite a few blankets for a couple of local women/children organizations too.
    Here are two of the aprons I've done, which I want to enter in the fair next year. I'm using a couple of others that I made in my garage and workroom now. Idle hands and all that right?

I'm using a cloth apron my wife made. It has some design flaws such as the pencil etc holder being too low, yours is much better. Mine is also a little wider and long enough to go all the way to my feet. Without it me and the chair get covered in sawdust. I've been trying to figure out a way to incorporate like short sleeves so more of my shoulders are covered. Lot of sawdust going on out in the shop. Can't find checkering cutters anyplace now that the good maker apparently hung it up. Been building all kinds of stuff the wife dreams up for holiday bazaars. Don't get rich but the one we've been too, got enough to cover wood and stuff. Not looking to get rich no how although a little slush fund for guns and ammo would sure be nice.
    Been building a bunch of squirrel and bird houses and feeders. No plan, just use what I got to make something. Some have turned out pretty cool. Can't find any good pictures at the moment.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Seems like you could take a denim/chamois shirt, remove the buttons and sew it down the front, and than sew it to an apron. Then cut the back of the shirt off from the sides up and and around behind the back of it, leaving just enough under the arms of the shirt to keep it together. You could then put it and the apron on by slipping it over your head and arms. If you tie your apron behind your back now, because the shirt would be sewn to the apron it would be drawn toward your back too just as the apron is. And because the sleeves were left intact and slipped over and around your arms they too would serve to keep the remainder of the shirt on you. If the shirt is stitched all the way across the top and down the sides of the apron there wouldn't be any way for the sawdust to find its way between the shirt and the apron as I'm sure it must now.

You make some nice stuff Colonel. I remember the pics of your bathroom and how nicely that turned out. Those shelf units you have with the daisies and sunflowers on them are something I've never seen before and are very cleverly done. Is that your design or the Mrs.?

Very nice work you guys! I know who I want on my homesteading team should shtf!