CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 249 of 260 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2600

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Are those your poured grips on there? You found the price tag on Mammoth grips huh? Don't pay off college loans, pay off my Mammoth grips.........some sure are pretty though.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Are those your poured grips on there? You found the price tag on Mammoth grips huh? Don't pay off college loans, pay off my Mammoth grips.........some sure are pretty though.
    I have yet to pour grips. Not sure what I’m waiting on. Those are “Piranha” G10 grips and matching msh by Hogue. Grips were a deal on Ebay and the msh off Amazon. Yeah, those mammoths are spensive. I have seen some lesser priced one’s, but they usually already say “sold” on them. Phew! Can buy a few cheap pistols for the price of some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I got my Garrison out of paperwork jail. It's a good looking gun but I'm looking forward to making a few changes.
    Looks real nice right out of the case.................

It's striking Bird! You're a lot braver than I am. I think I like the idea of the color fill, though in my case it wouldn't be to match the grips. My grips never stay on any one gun long enough for me to match a gun to them. But if you do color it I do think the slide and the grips will compliment each other very nicely!

Checkered my Garrison today in 30lpi. Put three applications of the Birchwood Casey Cold Bluing on it. Then oiled it. It matched the black of the frame perfectly. I kept the bluing away from the rest of the frame. I don't think I'm going to have to do anything to the slide, though I will order a black barrel bushing now that I know the dimensions of the factory one. I put standard grip bushings on it and replaced the trigger. I was surprised to see that all the internal parts are MIM. Gun has good bones though and they had to do something to keep the price down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You've got that metal checkering figured out. Looks perfect. Bluing looks great too. Did you heat the metal a little bit or just blue it cold?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks dao. I’m leaning to the gray too.
    Agree with the Colonel, that checkering and blue came out perfect. Looks factory. Did you blue a silver trigger, or did that one come black? The grips look at home with the black grains. Once that black barrel bushing goes on, you’ll have a “Night Garisson”. Looking real nice man!!!!
    Last edited by BirdsThaWord; 04-22-2024 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I have yet to pour grips. Not sure what I’m waiting on. Those are “Piranha” G10 grips and matching msh by Hogue. Grips were a deal on Ebay and the msh off Amazon. Yeah, those mammoths are spensive. I have seen some lesser priced one’s, but they usually already say “sold” on them. Phew! Can buy a few cheap pistols for the price of some of them.
    Boy am I dumb. I was looking at the grips on the long slide. Went to Hogue and they don't got nothing like that. Maybe a little more coffee.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Ah, gotchya! Yes, those are some nice grips on the long slide. Too bad they are so expensive. A guy on ebay sells acrylic faux mammoth. They look ok I guess.
    Screenshot_20240422_233043.jpg
    Screenshot_20240422_231952.jpg

All cold blue Colonel. It did come out really nice, and this one only took me 4 hours. That Birchwood Casey stuff works really well and easy. I am getting it down to a science, but now I don't have any more uncheckered guns to play with. Unless I start messing with my Kahrs....

Sometimes just heating up the metal with a heat gun or a hair dryer helps the cold bluing work better. Often times it's not needed. It's funny stuff, like stain, you never know what your gonna get.

Mix and match, heat the metal, whatever it takes to get the end result one seeks.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan