Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 232 of 252 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2515

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

There is one for sale locally, so I have done a little research. They were sold and perhaps made by EAA. Most have been discontinued. That's all I know.

Edit: Just saw they are available via Gallery of Guns. MSRP of 439.00
    Brand new for 402: https://www.guns.com/firearms/handgu...able-mc1911sc-[blk]-45-acp-single-action-6-rounds-3-4-barrel-new?p=1214241

The forum truncates the address, copy and paste the entire thing into your browser.
    NRA Benefactor

I think your correct. I always thought they were under either the EAA or the Armscor umbrella. I've no firsthand experience with them. I tried checking out their website to find out and saw a lot of EAA stuff. Nothing solid though.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well you generally get what you pay for. My experience with less expensive guns is that you end up putting money into them to make them work right. So big picture is that just buy a better gun and end up BETTER OFF. You will end up spending just as much in the end so buy the better one first.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Girsan is made in Turkey. EAA is or was the importer.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Same with Tisas as far as country goes. Quality rating on a scale of 1 to 5?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Well you generally get what you pay for. My experience with less expensive guns is that you end up putting money into them to make them work right. So big picture is that just buy a better gun and end up BETTER OFF. You will end up spending just as much in the end so buy the better one first.
    I agree jeep. However in this particular case I cannot find a maker of known high quality guns that makes and all steel Officer model. That's why I bought the Rock Island. And your reasoning is exactly why I have close to $500 of parts into it after purchasing it. But, don't get me wrong. As I said before if it continues to perform reliably I will have no regrets on that extra monies spent.

Depends on what “known high quality” means. Ruger makes one. Colt makes one.

I thought my Girsan was good quality, but that’s so subjective I wouldn’t listen to me.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I like the Rugers...and they have both steel and light weight models:

https://www.ruger.com/products/sr191...eets/6702.html

https://www.ruger.com/products/sr191...eets/6762.html
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

John I thought your statement, depends on what high quality means, would be easy to answer. After a few failed attempts, I guess I would have to say manufacturers like Ruger, DW, Sig, Springfield, Colt, Customs, Kimber, and the likes. And I've come to put Tisas in that group. With a sample size of one, I can't yet put RIA in it. I've owned and taken enough guns apart to feel that the machining of the frame and slide, as well as the casting and/or machining of the small parts was done as economically as possible. In my humble and admittedly limited experience with Rock Island I would have to say there are many guns out there which are better made, and have better parts in them.

I've thought about and looked at the Rugers jeep, but so far have not been able to find a steel framed officer size available which I wanted. I'm fussy I know, and I really don't want a slide that steps down behind the muzzle. The Rugers I've seen that check all the other boxes do. It's one of the reasons I never warmed up to my Colt Defender. Silly I know but I'm hoping that someone known to turn out a dependable, and well made all steel gun will do an officer sized 1911 with a flat slide. I am really hoping that this size will make a comeback and that we'll eventually see several makers doing them for the first time, or again. I have a hunch that Tisas will.

Good luck on your search dao! I'm sure it's out there. One will come along that checks all of your boxes, or where maybe one thing doesn't, but that thing can be changed out.

I finished masking the RIA frame in preparation for the electro etching. I first acid washed it. Turned everything a mottled grey. Then, about a square inch or less at a time, I put on the nail polish, then scratched it away to design somewhat of a damascus design pattern. So, once etched, everything not covered in pink nail polish should turn black. Everything under the nail polish should stay grey. Hoping for the best. Should be able to hit it this weekend.
    20240321_192104.jpg
    20240321_192113.jpg