Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 90 of 247 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

That's great that you got it back. Nice looking gun.

I owned a Sig SAS 220. Nice gun but the grip was a bit large for me.

Yes that's one thing about most Sigs. Even the single stacks tend to be on the large size. I don't mind that so much though I traded away a P227 for that reason, it being a double-stack .45 and probably among their largest handguns. The long 4.4" barrel coupled with that fat grip made for too much gun for me. I think O'Dells P220 has the 4.4" barrel too, but the grip will be a bit smaller than those on the P227/P226's given that it's a single stack.

This is what surprised me about the P210's grip. I fits my hand better even that the single stack Sigs I've owned. Almost like it was made for a hand my size.

They also, from Sig offer THIN GRIPS for the 220 and and the E2 one piece grips which both make the P220 comfortable.

https://www.sigsauer.com/e2-grip-upg...220-da-sa.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/grip-set-bl...t-2-piece.html
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

The E2 grips provide good purchase but they pick up lint and such when the come in contact with clothing. Also, over time I've heard that they can become loose and prone to rattle a bit because they snap in place and are held there with plastic protrusions.

The plastic grips don't provide for a secure grip, imo (at least compared to G10 especially with wet hands). I prefer G10 grips over most anything else except maybe some micarta on carry guns but that's just me. Of course on guns that are mostly to look at wood can be the "best" way to go. The Colonel has helped me with this aspect in the past. He does good work.

Just an FYI, I used to own a C3, shot it a bunch, the alloy frame has an aluminum oxide finish, which is very hard, a good thing. But, over time the frame part of the feed ramp will wear down. I guess I shoot more than most. Anyway, I traded it away when I got my Dan Wesson CCO, it has a ramped barrel, and eliminated the wear issue.
    NRA Benefactor

Got it home. Something a little strange about this gun. It feels smaller in hand than it should, at least as compared to its size. The dimensions of the grips are quite small, very close to a K9 but longer of course. And they're rounder. I've never felt a gun quite like this in hand before. There's something about it that makes it feel much lighter than the 29oz it weighs in at. I'm liking it so far. From the reviews I've read it has a very light recoil impulse also, probably given to the low bore axis, as it does have the CZ-style inverted rails.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One thing I found rather unique on my Target is you can put the safety on with the hammer down but still cock the hammer and it's still on safe.
    I really like the looks of that dao, got nice lines, looks like it would be joy in the hand. I want one.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sounds like there is a lot to like about it dao. Sounds very ergonomic! I love when one feels just right in hand.

I don't think I'm going to be disappointed in it Colonel. Each time I pick it up I'm reminded that it is truly a small gun. Not along the lines of a P365 or a Kahr of course but the grip and balance seem to combine to give it a great feel in hand.

I think it's kind of like comparing two, two pound objects with one in a large box and one in a small box. For some odd reason the object in the large box feels lighter even though it is exactly the same as the one in the small box.

The other thing about the grip is that they are rounded to the point where my fingers wrap further around it than most others. It almost feels like I'm holding a dowel or closet rod in hand and I think that is affecting the way my brain is processing what I'm holding. As far as 1911's go I prefer the standard grips over the slim grips, but these being rounded just feel right even though they are closer in overall dimension to slim grips.

Oh, and Colonel I just checked and the Carry works the same way. Safety can be snicked off or on with the hammer down or back, and if down it can be cocked with the safety already on.

The ergos might be different for a different hand Bird. For the price I would suggest finding one in the wild and trying it first. I did not and got lucky.
    Last edited by dao; 09-08-2022 at 11:00 AM.