Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 250 of 260 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2600

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Thanks for the tip! Ironically I did use a hairdryer to dry them after waiting the minute called for and then rinsing them with cold water. Perhaps it helped with the process anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Ironically I did use a hairdryer to dry them after waiting the minute called for and then rinsing them with cold water. Perhaps it helped with the process anyway?
    A hair dryer? No wonder it looks so luxurious! 😂

I generally don't help it dry, sometimes I don't let it dry but keep it wet and then just rinse. Think it helps to keep from going dull but I got nothing solid to back that up with. Whatever you did worked great, that's all that matters.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

So....just curious, has anyone ever seen a Kahr, T or K model with a checkered front strap? I have not. I have skate board tap on all of mine. Which works pretty good.
    Is it a price thing? Such as high end holsters are usually made for high end 1911's. Would anyone spend the change, to get a K model checkered? I know with the holsters, you bought a $300 firearm, odds are you are not going to spend $150 on a holster.
    Have no idea how much checkering cost, but assume it is considerable, with all the labor involved. So you get a 4-600 dollar K model, going to spend 150-300 for checkering?
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I have always been a solid trigger fan.
    The typical trigger pull on a 1911 is almost always decent, even the budget ones. Why would you need to lighten the weight of the trigger?
    Part of the tactical-cool crowd?
    I was/am afraid something would hang up in the holes. But the pull is so short, not likely.
    Not sure why lighter may be better. However Sig's fix for accidental discharges on P320 was to install LIGHTER trigger.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Or you could buy a $50 file and do it yourself. It's really not hard to do. I thought I had seen a K here on this site that someone had checkered Ken. Won't swear to it though.

I almost forgot I do have a M1991A1 that I could checker. But I'm not sure how the bluing would work on a frame that I believe has been parkerized by Colt when it was made. Thoughts on that?

The idea of a lighter trigger jeep is that it carries less inertia if dropped. More weight/mass requires more energy to be dissipated before it will stop it's motion. Though I'm not sure that lightening the trigger was the entire fix of the Sig issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    So....just curious, has anyone ever seen a Kahr, T or K model with a checkered front strap? I have not. I have skate board tap on all of mine. Which works pretty good.
    Is it a price thing? Such as high end holsters are usually made for high end 1911's. Would anyone spend the change, to get a K model checkered? I know with the holsters, you bought a $300 firearm, odds are you are not going to spend $150 on a holster.
    Have no idea how much checkering cost, but assume it is considerable, with all the labor involved. So you get a 4-600 dollar K model, going to spend 150-300 for checkering?
    I saw some models with checkering on the Kahr website. Sounds like a relatively new thing. I too have the soft rubbery type skateboard tape on all my guns that don't have checkering which is most of em.

https://www.kahr.com/k-series-and-mk...ries-handguns/
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

All this 1911 talk made me feel nostalgic.
    There has been a hole in my safe since gifting the last two 1911s to my sons several years ago, so I just ordered this budget package this morning….

https://palmettostatearmory.com/spri...9108l-pkg.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

That's a durn nice package and seems like a great price too. I like it.

I'm still waiting on the adoption process so I can call you daddy. I'm patient.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Beautiful AB. One of the things I like about these new Springfields is the old school slide serrations. Exactly how they should be.