Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 31 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Am a fan of the J-frame.
    Bought this “humpback” Airweight from a Texas detective 20 years ago. I like the shrouded hammer that is still functional.
    That's what my wife has in her purse. I like the shrouded hammer and I like to pull the hammer back. I don't advise her too because you can't get a very positive grasp on it to let it down. A member here long ago had the shroud machined away a bit on his so the hammer was a tad more exposed. I just leave this one as is, it works for her.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I purchased my Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp in 2016. I wasn't happy with the trigger. It was too heavy and a bit gritty. Smoothed out a bit with shooting but replaced the 14# hammer spring with a 9# and the trigger spring from 10# to 8#. A bit of polishing on the insides. It is basically like a Kahr trigger in feel now. Real happy with the way it turned out. Pretty light in single action which is ok since I usually shoot double. Super smooth. A friend of mine bought his wife a new S&W model 638. IMHO nice looking and feels ok but that trigger. Ouch.................not quite as bad as the S&W Model 64 he's got but I sure wouldn't leave it that way. Too heavy and too gritty for my tastes.

Found a “new” gun...
    Well not really new, but forgot I had it.
    We were cleaning out boxes of crap from guestroom closet & under the bed that haven’t been touched in 25 years, and this 1960s repro of a British Land Pattern flinter .69 caliber (made in Japan) turned up. Long ago I had “patina’d” the metal to look like it was an antique. Gotta get a new mainspring from Dixie Gun Works though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Sweet! If only they made a double stack high cap mag for it and reduced the weight by 5 pounds.

Oh and in 380.
    Last edited by Bawanna; 01-16-2022 at 05:30 PM.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

And you’ll want to get it milled for a red dot

That right there is a Smart pistol. If you missed your shot you had to be smart enough to run.

Just had my 642 out today. I had some light strikes the week before. Took it home did a Sonic Cleaning and took it back to the range and it ran fine. I was kind of worried that the APEX trigger I had installed was the cause. (The only time I have every done a trigger job on a firearm). When I got to the range, I noticed had picked up a box of 38. I had in my stash and do not even remember buying it. It was. "Super Matrix" Frangible 100 gr. Interesting round. Very little recoil, very accurate. I think the cause of my light strikes was the Cheap re manufactured ammo I had used.
    I actually shoot my LCR9mm better than the 642 and I like the trigger better. (I also shoot the 9mm very frequently and train with the LCR22.)

I also had my P380 which I have not had out since before the Virus days when I first purchased and ran 200 rds with perfection.Today it ran perfect with the 50 rounds. I have kept up my small barrel shooting skills with the LCR22 and LCP22.cal, My other CW 380 and the Pico.
    I have continued shooting the CM9, and the Beretta Nano along the way.
    Shooting the P380, I had also brought along my old LCP 380 Gen 2. Man that gun is no where near as smooth as P380. I could really tell a difference in recoil.

PS Great day, as the BLM anti 2A was finally out of the State of Virginia and the Republican Glen Youngkin has replaced the scum bag and sanity returning to Virginia. Already put out new executive orders and for one banning the disgusting BLM Critical Race theory. Good by BLM!

Sounds like a fun time at the range. Wish I had me one of those sonic cleaners. Think I might start looking for a deal on one. Yes, heard that new guys in Virginia are getting some stuff done. I often get to feeling like all is lost, it’s a uni party, controlled opposition, etc then someone like that comes along a restores a little bit of my faith. Just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Sounds like a fun time at the range. Wish I had me one of those sonic cleaners. Think I might start looking for a deal on one. Yes, heard that new guys in Virginia are getting some stuff done. I often get to feeling like all is lost, it’s a uni party, controlled opposition, etc then someone like that comes along a restores a little bit of my faith. Just a little.
    Agree, I think the end is coming to BLM. Going down like Brandon's and CNN rating. People are sick of it.

I love this cleaner. Just a small one. Great for cleaning a lot of magazines without having to take them apart. Get all the crud out of the trigger parts etc. I use a cleaner agent, but most of the time use Ballistol Milk. (90% water 10% Ballistol). The Ballistol leaves a super slick fine film on the mags and Parts.

Last edited by King Rat; 01-17-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Agree, I think the end is coming to BLM. Going down like Brandon's and CNN rating. People are sick of it.

I love this cleaner. Just a small one. Great for cleaning a lot of magazines without having to take them apart. Get all the crud out of the trigger parts etc. I use a cleaner agent, but most of the time use Ballistol Milk. (90% water 10% Ballistol). The Ballistol leaves a super slick fine film on the mags and Parts.

How far do you break down the pistol before it's "dunking"???????????????