Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 73 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

I really didn't think trigger alone would make that much difference but it sure did in this case. I don't mess with the sears or engagements etc. This trigger has tabs to adjust the free take up which I may play with some if it works well other wise but that's not a huge deal to me. The original trigger was plastic with a steel stirrup so I didn't think the plastic part would make that much difference but apparently so.

I plan to play with some clear skateboard tape upon arrival as well. Looks very interesting.

Today I just been playing trying to figure out what to bring to the lake next week. I have several that need testing, others I just love to shoot, would like to bring them all, but don't want to bring too many, but tough to choose. We go again in July so I can bring different ones then. Sometimes that week is tough since all the family and friends and their families are there so if they happen to go along to the range it's just play time for them and not much quality shooting time for me.
    The best is when it's just the wife and myself or all alone. She's handy for setting stuff up and will shoot over there so hope that happens a time or two during the week.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    That’s good news Colonel! I didn’t know a trigger swap alone could make such a difference on a 1911. Now I know!
    Wish I could do some tinkering. As of late, all of my stuff is shut down. Just way too hot, humid and mosquito infested out in the garage (semi-enclosed). The closest I’ll do to tinkering will be to put some clear skateboard tape on the front strap of one of my “done” guns, (Are they ever “done”?) courtesy of our buddy Dao!
    That's one area where we're blessed at least in my area of the NW. We don't have too many mesquitoes, we got them up in the mountains and all around at times but here at my place not to many. Flies can be a pest with the horses and other stuff but not bothersome in my shop or my room.
    Over at the lake right when the dock lights come on the gnats are a nuisance big time for maybe an hour, then they seem to go away. A little breeze usually slows them down but don't really like the breeze when I'm fishin neither.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Dao, I have 2 of them out there. One on the ground, for my legs, and one set up in an outside chair, for my upper body. Set up like 2 feet away from me. One here and there always seems to have a superman cape on. I’ve got to rally want to go out there at this time of year. Problem is, we have not had a freeze here for years. Even the palmetto bugs (huge roaches) have been multiplying like mad. I’ve had to bomb the attic, crawl space and spray the yard down multiple times this year to keep them somewhat under control. Doesn’t help with mosquito’s or the palmetto bugs that I have a lush yard (bamboo, banana trees, all kinds of vines, etc. etc that they can hide in and get up under the leaves both on the tree’s and on the ground. That pedestal fan you show is a thought though. Maybe 3 fans would do the trick? Lol! I have been kicking around getting one of those HUGE fans like they use in warehouses around here. Just a lil more dough than I want to spend. Would rather buy guns, ammo and parts. Hopefully I’ll get the gumption to get out there again soon though. Hate seeing 4 guns in pieces that are kind of close to being done.

Colonel, you live in paradise! I wish I could step through a magic door and get a taste of your life sometimes! I wish I could go out to a park, some woods, etc and do some shooting. No such luck here unless I drive up to Georgia and visit my pops. You are like me, always wishing I could take a bunch of ‘em when I go shoot. So many that have had mods or tweaking that need to be tested out or sighted in. Your wife is a great partner. Sometimes mine goes shooting with me, and seems to have a good time, but the next 5 times I go she doesn’t feel like it. Been trying to get her more familiar with her AR9 and her sidearm, both of which have new parts on them, as well as a new red dot on the AR9 that needs to be sighted. Hoping to get her back to the range before too long!

We've been in this house for almost 13 years after moving here from 120 miles north of us. We had mosquitoes up there but I've never been bitten down here for some reason. Which is strange since we're way out in the country with forest on two sides of us. And we have a seasonal creek down the hill, on our lower property that you would think would be a breeding ground for the pesky things. But for some odd reason we just don't have them here.

Yeah Bird I was thinking one of the big industrial size fans. You might have to wear an earplug if you sit at an angle to it but I would think it would blow them right by you. I hate mosquitoes. Well all bugs really.

Colonel I'm really sorry you lost all your guns out on the lake on your upcoming visit! I hear you about trying to shoot with people around. I love it when I get to our range and I'm the only one there. Easier to do these days now that I'm retired but it's never a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I've never been bitten down here for some reason.

Yeah Bird I was thinking one of the big industrial size fans. You might have to wear an earplug if you sit at an angle to it but I would think it would blow them right by you. I hate mosquitoes. Well all bugs really..
    You are a blessed man! By the description of your property, yes, you are indeed blessed as anything like that around here is a breeding ground for them. Funny side note, when I was a kid, when the “mosquito trucks” would come around, us kids would run after it to smell the fog. Smelled like fried onions! Maybe a miracle my son didn’t come out with two heads! ( Actually, he did, but that’s a risqué joke for another day). My wife and I can sit outside and they will fly right past her to me. Aint I sweet? Maybe to those guys!
    I do want one of those big fans though. If life continues as it has, and the Biden/Soros gang don’t entirely get their way, I hope to get one. That or turn my tool room off the garage into a Bawanna want a be workshop with a lil a/c unit in it. Wife won’t see me much if that comes into fruition!

Not sure I'd like working on guns and stuff in a wind tunnel though. We have one of those big fans running at Tractor Supply, sell them too but it really blows. You gotta be a ways away from it. Guys in the yard get all hot, they come in and stand in front of the fan, cools em off pretty quick.

I'd look at screening in the open part of the shop were it me, get something to keep cool when it's bloody hot. Maybe a swamp cooler, not 100% sure how those work but visited folks in Reno and they really work.

Not worth it here with out admin and worthless Governor. I'd like to move east myself, but late in the game for me.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    That’s good news Colonel! I didn’t know a trigger swap alone could make such a difference on a 1911. Now I know!
    Wish I could do some tinkering. As of late, all of my stuff is shut down. Just way too hot, humid and mosquito infested out in the garage (semi-enclosed). The closest I’ll do to tinkering will be to put some clear skateboard tape on the front strap of one of my “done” guns, (Are they ever “done”?) courtesy of our buddy Dao!
    I got some clear skateboard tape in the mail today too. Looks like really neat stuff. Anxious to try some on for sure.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Late in the game. I feel it too Colonel. We'd get a tidy sum for our place, but because it would also cost us a tidy sum to buy another, what's the point? Although, my brother-in-law and his wife put their place in Gig Harbor up for sale last week with a $400K asking price. Within three days they had 21 offers and accepted one for $500K cash with no contingencies. They relocated to OK. Had a new place built before they even left here last week. And I'm sure their new place cost a lot less. I hate moving though....

We've been in this place for over 30 years. I'd love to start fresh in a real stick framed house someplace other than Washington but again the thought of moving all this accumulation is monumental. We live in a double wide mobile, it's a nice one, was a stepping stone house until I got hurt and kind of killed the stepping stone part. It'll do. Need a lot of fixing up now, roof, some siding, the list goes on but it'll do.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan