Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 256 of 262 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2615

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

What is this cutting you're speaking of? I just drilled a hole in each. They extend through the grip and into the cutout of the frame. Turned my 1911 into a single shot, but who needs more than one round of God's Caliber?

Actually I used a reinforced dremel cutoff wheel. Those casings are more substantial than they look. And who wants to reload after every shot?

Can't wait to see your new grips Bird. What are they going to be for?

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    What is this cutting you're speaking of? I just drilled a hole in each. They extend through the grip and into the cutout of the frame. Turned my 1911 into a single shot, but who needs more than one round of God's Caliber?

Actually I used a reinforced dremel cutoff wheel. Those casings are more substantial than they look. And who wants to reload after every shot?

Can't wait to see your new grips Bird. What are they going to be for?
    Funny stuff! 😎
    The 1st grips are going to be officer sized. The first set will be to sand, grind and refine to actually make a final mold. Not even sure what I’m going to do yet, but may even be a side gig in retirement. Whole goal is to make them cover the frame fully, front to rear, where other grip makers do not seem to do that.
    The clay I used reacted with the silicone, leaving a rough, lumpy texture. I'll get these in shape and patched up and then hope to show you some nice finished pair(s).
    20240502_170941.jpg20240502_170955.jpg

Interesting!

Yaaay! Picked up the Para today. Was happily surprised by the original case, in good condition, with owners manual and 2 original Para mags. Gun store owner is a 1911 guy, and we talk 1911's & my projects each time I'm in there, so he threw in the 1911 display in the pic that he had made himself.
    I immediately put on the Bawanna grips shown, but discovered that I'm going to have to change to slim bushings & screws. Shucks!
    20240503_145632.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NeilWise View Post
    My first pistol was Glock 17. It was fascinating moment of purchase. I was happy as a child.

The Glock 17 felt satisfyingly heavy in my hands, a cool metal counterpoint to the nervous excitement bubbling in my chest.

The drive to the shooting range was filled with a nervous anticipation. Would I handle it well? Would the recoil be too much? These questions danced in my head, but they were quickly overshadowed by pure exhilaration as I loaded the magazine. Each click was a tiny victory, a step closer to unleashing the power I held.

Leaving the range, a wide grin stretched across my face. The nervous energy had melted away, replaced by a deep sense of satisfaction.
    Yep! Nothing can put a smile on my face better than a good range day.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Yaaay! Picked up the Para today. Was happily surprised by the original case, in good condition, with owners manual and 2 original Para mags. Gun store owner is a 1911 guy, and we talk 1911's & my projects each time I'm in there, so he threw in the 1911 display in the pic that he had made himself.
    I immediately put on the Bawanna grips shown, but discovered that I'm going to have to change to slim bushings & screws. Shucks!
    20240503_145632.jpg
    That's the model we got for one of my PD Chiefs. Only one I ever ran across that didn't like Wilson mags. It ran fine with the Para mags. Mine which is the same but has a beavertail runs fine on Wilson mags.
    I remember those grips well, they'd still be on mine if I didn't have the Ivory Hippo tooth on it. I never shoot it, have it in a class case where I can drool on it with a few others. Bought it the day my dad passed as a grieving gun. The wrap around the safety tube on those I really liked. It's the way I generally try to make em if there isn't a long extended thumb safety. They are thin.

I just might have to make me a display stand, I made on that holds a couple but I think I can do better if I work at it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's the model we got for one of my PD Chiefs. Only one I ever ran across that didn't like Wilson mags. It ran fine with the Para mags. Mine which is the same but has a beavertail runs fine on Wilson mags.
    I remember those grips well, they'd still be on mine if I didn't have the Ivory Hippo tooth on it. I never shoot it, have it in a class case where I can drool on it with a few others. Bought it the day my dad passed as a grieving gun. The wrap around the safety tube on those I really liked. It's the way I generally try to make em if there isn't a long extended thumb safety. They are thin.

I just might have to make me a display stand, I made on that holds a couple but I think I can do better if I work at it.
    I bet you could make an incredible looking stand with your wood working skills! Hippo tooth? Never heard or seen. That’s pretty cool. Are they old? I bet they cost a pretty penny either way.
    Yes, I love the little grips and that plunger tube covering they do. Well worth investing in some different bushings and screws to be able to get them on there. Interesting back story on why/when you got your Para. I understand why you’d want to display it.

Very nice Bird! I'm drooling here. Officer size is just so right (for me). Still hoping to find a high quality steel frame 9mm.

Cool CZ 75 Stainless

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    20240503_145632.jpg
    Wow that's a beauty!
    There's just something about the look of a 1911.
    And I'm a fool for the shiny - LOL!
    Many of my guns are stainless steel, but usually brushed stainless.
    I've thought about having a gun hard chromed at some point
    Wanted a high polished stainless CZ 75 - but I think they were discontinued
    Last edited by Barth; 05-03-2024 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Very nice Bird! I'm drooling here. Officer size is just so right (for me). Still hoping to find a high quality steel frame 9mm.
    Thanks dao! Did you ever look into Fusion’s offerings? I am seriously considering saving up for one of their longslide 1911’s. I had given thought to adding to my SA collection with a standard 6” or the V16, then of course polishing it. BUT, given the initial investment and then all of that work… the Fusion is looking pretty good. They have a CCO that I would love to own, but that long slide would have to come first as I’ve never had one and have wanted one for a bit.
    https://fusionfirearms.com/1911-pist...tom-combat-9mm
    And just pointing them out. Not trying to push you into one.