CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 251 of 260 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2600

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

I like em cause of the spur hammer and lack of beavertail. Guess I like em with or without the beavertail.
    My Remington came very similar to that, I was able to get a wide spur hammer from Kahr that fit perfectly. I do love a wide spur hammer. If I was a better machanic on 1911's I think I'd put them on all mine.
    I've heard that Springfield doesn't sell parts, not sure where I heard that and not sure it's all that critical since all the parts interchange with other brands. Just kind of a burr in my saddle I guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice Army! I was looking at those recently. I’m with dao on old school looks of them. Looks like a good package deal too!

I’ve looked at a few of these over the years, and once had an LDA Carry 9…
    Para LDA Companion 45. Just a bit of an odd gun, which I like. Found one at the lgs about a month ago when picking up that RIA. It’s in excellent shape, with 2 original mags, case, papers, etc. I put $ down and will pay the rest in 2 weeks. This is not it in the pics, but it’s exactly like this, down to even the same aftermarket grips. I’m hoping my recently acquired Bawanna Grip Emporium grips will fit it. Can’t wait to get it and see!
    IMG_7919.jpg
    IMG_7918.jpg
    IMG_7917.jpg
    IMG_7916.jpg
    Last edited by BirdsThaWord; 04-24-2024 at 06:33 PM.

Red face My New Baby

Here's my latest pickup @ $534.99 (I think I'm in love)

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I’ve looked at a few of these over the years, and once had an LDA Carry 9…
    Para LDA Companion 45. Just a bit of an odd gun, which I like. Found one at the lgs about a month ago when picking up that RIA. It’s in excellent shape, with 2 original mags, case, papers, etc. I put $ down and will pay the rest in 2 weeks. This is not it in the pics, but it’s exactly like this, down to even the same aftermarket grips. I’m hoping my recently acquired Bawanna Grip Emporium grips will fit it. Can’t wait to get it and see!
    IMG_7919.jpg
    IMG_7918.jpg
    IMG_7917.jpg
    IMG_7916.jpg
    They should fit perfect. I made those on my Para Ordnance LDA . I got one just like the picture for one of my Chiefs. He didn't want to carry a Beretta or a Glock like everybody else. Wanted something different. He knew nothing about 1911's and was scary, so I got him the LDA. I have 3, the P13 double stack, the full size single stack and the compact, mine has a beavertail, a little different. I gave the full size single stack (my favorite) to my youngest son when he graduated high school.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

^^^^ Good deal for a very nice gun, Barth!
    I paid $549.95 for my last one almost a year ago.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Here's my latest pickup @ $534.99 (I think I'm in love)
    Had a hankering for one of those for years. Never got one into the toy box, but the game ain't over yet.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Other than my DW's I haven't yet had the pleasure of owning a CZ. I'd like to, but in my state it's looking less and less likely.

How's the trigger on the LDAs? That stands for Light Double Action, no? Are they like one of the HK LEM variants with the very light DAO setup?

Just a long almost no weight take up, till it hits a wall and then it's exactly like a 1911. Most guys who tried mine didn't like it. Probably the same ones that don't like Kahr triggers. I liked it a lot. A little margin for error for the trigger finger.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Congratulations on the CZ Barth! Last time I went to the range my buddy brought his. It was accurate and fun to shoot with min recoil!
    dao, the trigger seemed pretty much like the Colonel described. I did a few pulls in the store and I did like it. Kinda like a stageable 1911 trigger.

Colonel, that's great news about the grips. Yipee! Had no idea you were a Para lover. I geuss I got really lucky scoring those grips then! 😁