Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 196 of 252 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2513

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

By the way, interesting that the Klonimus beaver worked out best as they are the most “budget friendly” of the parts I’ve bought. I’ve bought many Klonimus things (I call them Klony Mouse). Seriously though, I think they sell a ton of stuff. Dude probably lives in a mansion and has many leather bound books.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Picked it up yesterday, never been fired, pre 2013. I am going to order thin grips for it. Cleaned and lubed today, ready for range day.
    Congrats on the 97B
    I have some thin grips from Lok Grips on my Witness 45 They needed a bit of work to perfect the fit, but I am pleased with them now:

They have thin pattern grips for the 97B.

Cool Hand also has grips for the 97B. They are considerably less expensive than the Lok grips. I've no first hand experience with them so I can't comment on their thickness in comparison to factory CZ 97 grips, but I do have Cool Hand grips on my SP01
    and find them slimmer than the factory rubber grips.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

The factory grips on the 97 are pretty thick, and just cheap plastic.
    In 2013, they switched from night sites to fiber optic on the front, and thinner aluminum grips, similar to the Shadow 2.
    I ordered a set of thin bogies from Lok Grips yesterday.
    grips.jpg
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I've hankered for the CZ97 for a long time and some other CZ's too. Just hasn't happened yet.
    Only CZ I've got is a Scorpion Micro SBR with a can - LOL!
    Love that gun.
    And there's definitely a strong following for CZ handguns.
    I keep thinking I need a CZ 75B PCR with a Cajun Gun Works carry package and barrel bushing
    Almost ordered several times, but I've got a bunch of compacts already ...

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Only CZ I've got is a Scorpion Micro SBR with a can - LOL!
    Love that gun.
    And there's definitely a strong following for CZ handguns.
    I keep thinking I need a CZ 75B PCR with a Cajun Gun Works carry package and barrel bushing
    Quite messin around! Just get it! By barrel bushing, do you mean the take a normally bull barrel and bushing it like the 1911, or are they putting a compensator on it. You know I like comped guns!

The Standard CZ 75 barrel is very similar to a Browning Hi Power. It is not a bull barrel, but has the locking lugs like a hi power. No bushing. I am guessing the bushing might increase accuracy by a small margin.
    My 75's are very accurate without a bushing. I have looked at the Cajun gun parts in the past, but the CZ's are so good from the factory, could never justify the expense.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Dang man, you aint messin around! You are really changing things up like I like to do.
    Looks wise you went from not quit zero, but definitely closer to hero. It’s looking real good!
    Curious…How long to fit the magwell? I mean, did you blend it into the magwell of the frame? I stuck my STI back together tonight because I just had to see it mocked up with those fake ivory grips that I patina’d. I noticed that the aftermarket magwell/msh combo do not “flow” into the mag well. I’m a bit torn thought. Do I do a blend in there, and permenantly alter a semi rare gun, or just leave as is? I really can’t wait to finish these projects, get a Tisas and do all the stuff I wanna do (metal stipple a front strap, coat a slide or frame, mill or ball mill a slide top, maybe checkering?) like how you are expirementing with the Rock. Kudos my friend. I love it!
    Remember how the V10 started out with me wanting it to be brushed? Your guns finish screams that look to me. That look was exactly what I originally wanted (Ya nailed it )
    Attachment 20713
    dao, I think you are a few steps ahead of me. You’ve done some things I’ve yet to do, but do intend to. Smart move how you’ve gone about it, better to mess up a little part, instead of a gun, or to mess up a cheaper gun instead of a more expensive one. I’ve only had to do mild “fitting” of a msh, clean up of various parts edges, etc to make parts fit. I want to try some hardcore filing/shaping one day. Say something like the Colonel has done, turning a standard heel into bobbed heel by cutting and blending the frame & msh. A little gutsy! I have a had a few budget 1911’s of various sizes in the past. Wishing I had one now. I have to take diversions from sanding, etc or I will get disinterested at the laboriousness (is that a word?) of it all and a project like that would be just the ticket. Lol! Thanks for the compliments. The offer to buy/own the V10 makes me feel a bit more proud of it, so thanks for that too. I can say the same about the Tisas and the Rock you’ve prettied up, I’d love to own either!
    I don't think I could do what the Colonel did, though I've been tempted. Having to refinish the gun afterward is my biggest stumbling block. And yes, laboriousness is a word. Not the word, that would be Bird
    I hear you on taking a break from something. Seems like the longer something takes the more of a hurry I get in to finish it. I've walked away from some things and come back days later and I've found that my satisfaction with what I'm doing goes back to what it was in the beginning, while the feeling of being in a rush diminishes. I like Chen and WC magwells because they round them at the bottom. But I'll bet you could do the same with the one on your V10, since being stainless and you being very good at smoothing and polishing stainless you could make it look right after filing on it.

By the way, interesting that the Klonimus beaver worked out best as they are the most “budget friendly” of the parts I’ve bought. I’ve bought many Klonimus things (I call them Klony Mouse). Seriously though, I think they sell a ton of stuff. Dude probably lives in a mansion and has many leather bound books.
    I've used quite a few Klonimus parts too. And they're very good at taking offers on the bay. The beavertail on my RIA I got with a $28 offer.

The factory grips on the 97 are pretty thick, and just cheap plastic.
    In 2013, they switched from night sites to fiber optic on the front, and thinner aluminum grips, similar to the Shadow 2.
    I ordered a set of thin bogies from Lok Grips yesterday.
    grips.jpg
    Quite messin around! Just get it! By barrel bushing, do you mean the take a normally bull barrel and bushing it like the 1911, or are they putting a compensator on it. You know I like comped guns!
    Cool thing about StonerCNC grips is that you can add a 5OFF coupon code to every order. Shipping is free, and they don't charge tax. Most of their G10 grips for 1911s come to $44.95

Looks like Stoner only has RAMI grips. The prices are attractive. <50 for 1911 grips without the discount.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Grab a gun had them for less than $600 yesterday. Now may be the time…..
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The Standard CZ 75 barrel is very similar to a Browning Hi Power. It is not a bull barrel, but has the locking lugs like a hi power. No bushing. I am guessing the bushing might increase accuracy by a small margin.
    My 75's are very accurate without a bushing. I have looked at the Cajun gun parts in the past, but the CZ's are so good from the factory, could never justify the expense.
    10-4. I’ve had some CZ’s in the past, but did not educate myself as to what I had or what went into their engineering.