Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 238 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

That is a very nice looking firearm! Congrats. I’m jealous but not too much because I have a pristine K9 Elite i can actually fondle when I start drooling at that DW.

The finish on the shiny parts of it are about identical to the shiny bits of the Elite finish. The rounds of the slide and frame, which are bead blasted are rougher and darker than the grayer parts of the Elite finish. I wouldn't have minded if it was finished exactly as the Elites are all over. But I'm not complaining. I'm sure your K9 is beautiful.

I think they've lightened up as much as they're going to, at least in the short term. They were lighter in the package so maybe as times goes on.

Below the first pic I've posted how the same gun looks with a set of handmade Wenge wood grips by Bawanna with Armor of God medallions
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool Dan Wesson

Enjoy your Dan Wesson.
    I enjoy mine

That right there is the Dan Wesson Flagship model. Very nice!

Needed a holster that did the DWs justice. From William Sproul at justincaseholsters.com His lead time is every bit as long as he states it will be but I think it was worth the wait. I got the two sets of belt loops with it. I like the black the most.

Something I've been wanting for awhile. Smallish but heavy, 6.6" long, 5.1" high, and 29.5oz with an empty mag. But Signess throughout.

Congratulations! Nice, but too heavy for me! I wear shorts the year around... and clogs.I like Sigs but have never owned one. I like the .40 S&W, too.

My EDC is my black P40 with the 4" ported barrel and night sights coming in at 24.2 ounces with 6+1 loaded. It becomes unnoticeable with my Crossbreed Minituck and Looper Kydex-reinforced bun belt. I carry a 7-round mag opposite side giving me the same capacity as my Glock 23-C, but more comfortable.

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thank you Sir.

P40 is a nice gun, especially for comfort. And of course .40 is arguably an equalizer between lower capacity and higher caliber. I've continued to wait to see the prices of the .40 guns go down due to the current discontent over the caliber but I guess as much as people like to complain about it, it isn't enough for everyone to go out and get rid of theirs. :O)

This will be for those days when I don't want to pocket carry but IWB is a good choice under a light cover. That being said I do carry my MK40 in shorts pocket at times. Only ~4oz. lighter than this one. And actually it's the length of the P239 more than the weight that would make pocket carry in shorts inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Something I've been wanting for awhile. Smallish but heavy, 6.6" long, 5.1" high, and 29.5oz with an empty mag. But Signess throughout.
    If you find a supply of reasonably priced mags let me know. I inherited the 9mm version and I only got 2 mags with it and I’d love more
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/