Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 26 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Default Triari's home

Nice little gun. Haven't had it to the range yet but initial impressions are that it is every bit as good in fit and finish as the Sig P938's. It feels about the same in hand, with the one caveat that the right micarta grip has a sharp point on the bottom rear corner that digs in a bit on my no-longer-calloused hand. I might try to relieve that a bit. I think the trigger is a bit lighter than the Sig, and feels a bit better, though that's purely subjective and just a first impression. I have not weighed the pull yet. The sights are plenty big enough, just as they are on the Sig 938's. The different models from both manufacturers come with a number of types, from all black, to 3-dot white, night sights, or fiber optic like these. One thing common to both though is that they have an excellent and very much usable sight picture.

All in all I'm extremely fond on these little 1911-ish compacts. They carry easily, are lightweight, and have 6-8+1 capacity. Not bad with today's 9mm cartridges.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love it! Those sights are nice and bright!

Yes they are bright. My PM45 came with a set of Tru-glo FO sights but they are also night sights. The Triari's sights will be useful for daylight carry but not so much at night.

I did relieve that sharp corner. Grip feels much better now.

I love the small 1911 pistols and have a Sig 938. It carries well and is light but for me it is no fun to shoot. My CM9 is much more pleasant. I think my hand is just too big and the trigger guard is way small. But it’s a beautiful pistol.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

From what I've heard but don't have any first hand experience with, no pun intended, the Kimber Micro 9's shoot more pleasantly as in softer and flatter than the 938's. Since they're the same size with about the same trigger guard it might not matter to you given your hand size. Physics cannot be completely overcome though. Small and light do not generally make for a good, long range session.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    From what I've heard but don't have any first hand experience with, no pun intended, the Kimber Micro 9's shoot more pleasantly as in softer and flatter than the 938's. Since they're the same size with about the same trigger guard it might not matter to you given your hand size. Physics cannot be completely overcome though. Small and light do not generally make for a good, long range session.
    I may try a different weight recoil spring one day. Kimber spring may be heavier for reducing recoil or something. The 938 has a flat type coil spring which is pretty light when racking the slide but who knows. Anyway, your pic inspired me to get mine out today and I like it all over again.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Kimber's Micro 9 recoil spring is flat also. The slide seems to rack about the same by hand though I haven't tried one right after the other. But I've owned 938's for several years now so I'm pretty familiar with them. And I agree they're nice little packages. What variant do you have?

Can’t find a picture at the moment but it’s a bronze frame with the standard black slide and the Hogue fat rubber grip that tames the recoil pretty good. The colors are a nice combination which is how it caught my eye around 2019. It came with a 6 and 7 round mag and a laser which I took off after the first range visit because it attaches to the trigger guard which is small anyway. I thought I’d try some thin “Piranha” g10 grips but they were hell when shooting. I still rotate it for carry because it is so thin and carries real nice in a leather IWB holster I have or in the pocket real easy too. I did sand a point on the bottom of the curve of the trigger because it was sharp and would cut your trigger finger when you were shooting it.

Visit here:

The little 1011 style popguns aren't really my thing, but that Springfield 911 in the green frame with matte silver slide and controls is a pretty sharp looking firearm. Fomdled me one at the store recently. Love the look.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Can’t find a picture at the moment but it’s a bronze frame with the standard black slide and the Hogue fat rubber grip that tames the recoil pretty good. The colors are a nice combination which is how it caught my eye around 2019. It came with a 6 and 7 round mag and a laser which I took off after the first range visit because it attaches to the trigger guard which is small anyway. I thought I’d try some thin “Piranha” g10 grips but they were hell when shooting. I still rotate it for carry because it is so thin and carries real nice in a leather IWB holster I have or in the pocket real easy too. I did sand a point on the bottom of the curve of the trigger because it was sharp and would cut your trigger finger when you were shooting it.
    Sig and Kimber, between them at one time they were making a couple/three dozen variants of the same gun. Now they're down to maybe half that, between them. Some of the shiny ones are going for between 2 to 3 times they MSRP. I think people are starting to look at some gun models as an investment and it's driving prices up.

Like this one? Believe it's called the Combat.
    Attached Images Attached Images