Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 28 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

Got hold of a used S&W 1911 PD full size with light rail. I REALLY LIKE IT.

Do plan some changes though.......guide rod, mainspring housing, stuff like that.

HOPE I can find a custom gunsmith to make a .38 Super upper for it. Combined with the alloy frame, I think that would rock!

You know what they say turtle, This thread is worthless without pictures. We'd like to see it!

OK, Living in the suburbs of Minneapolis and thanks to no having politicians that support the police we are left to our own methods of protection so I now find myself walking with a lightweight revolver. My 340pd in a pocket holster stuffed into the back pocket of my jeans allows me to get a full finger grip yet the grip is flat against my back under a untucked shirt. Not a lot of ammo but with a speed strip in my watch pocket, I feel ok on my walks.
    That said, one always needs at least a couple of 5 shot snubbies so I visited my local dealer and compared a 642 no lock vs. a 642 w/lock but it was straight out of the Performance Center. The PC guns action was light years ahead of the stock 642 so I traded the lock for a beautiful action and that is the one that came home with me.
    Why another light weight S&W snubbie? Because I had a spare holster in the box that was feeling lonely.

"Never pet a burning dog"

Cool grips on the .38. I like that gun.

Both nice.................maybe a 640 in the rotation?? I've kind of got my eye out for one myself....................gotta like the snubbies.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Both nice.................maybe a 640 in the rotation?? I've kind of got my eye out for one myself....................gotta like the snubbies.
    A few years back I sold my 640 and bought a Kimber K6s. That is one great 2" revolver.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Why another light weight S&W snubbie? Because I had a spare holster in the box that was feeling lonely.
    That sounds like a good enough reason! Also sounds like something I’d do!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    That sounds like a good enough reason! Also sounds like something I’d do!
    This is exactly why all gun folks have a big box full of expensive leather holsters in the closet that aren’t in use so it is our duty and responsibility to go out and purchase a handgun to justify having a holster that nothing fits…….Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    This is exactly why all gun folks have a big box full of expensive leather holsters in the closet that aren’t in use so it is our duty and responsibility to go out and purchase a handgun to justify having a holster that nothing fits…….Am I right?
    Your theory is sound sir! I also once bought a gun because I had a magazine that fit it. It was my first LCP 380. Had bought a 1911 and they seller threw in his various “extras” he had no need for.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Your theory is sound sir! I also once bought a gun because I had a magazine that fit it. It was my first LCP 380. Had bought a 1911 and they seller threw in his various “extras” he had no need for.
    There is one other method I like to use that is tried and true which is if you have a hankering for a certain firearm but may be holding back for some reason like money the thing to do is go out and buy a sizable amount of ammo and just look at it for a good while just setting on the shelf…….This is why I now own a nice AR-15, I didn’t really want one and I’m much more happy with a lever action rifle but since I had all those boxes of .556 ammo I figured I might as well pick up something to shoot it with…….Works for me