Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 37 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

IIRC, the Colonel wanted to see more of that Springfield Model 1873 Trapdoor .45-70 my dad bought surplus for $1.25 back in Missouri when he was in high school during the 1920s.
    Well, here it is... no finish, pretty well worn, but tight action & good bore.
    (Apologize for the poor pictures, but am old and can’t do diddly when it comes to photography)
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Now that makes my britches stick out in front. That's gorgeous and has the bayonet too. That's a genuine my oh my right there.

Genuine PM sent.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The stories it could tell!

Here's some pics of one my Interim Chief at the department has. He brought it in and kept it in his office. I visited it everyday. Tried to figure out it's provenance or history. He claims it's mine someday but he's such a good guy I hope he outlives me. All the hardware was chromed like a parade rifle, but didn't really look modern repro. I don't think they even had chrome back in those days so it almost has to be messed with in modern times. No matter it's gorgeous and I'd love for it to live with me.

He lives a couple hours away but I think it might be time for a visit. He let me have it here at home for awhile while I was trying to figure it out. We traded some other guns but never nailed this one although he was willing enough.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I sure love those old guns! I kick myself back when I lived in Wyoming I had a service advisor I hired that used to work in the oil fields. He travelled the state and collected old guns. He had an unbelievable collection. He offered to sell me cheap any ones that I wanted and at the time I passed. He had some really cool stuff.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

That chrome one could’ve been done as a parade/drill team rifle sometime in the first half of the last century.... maybe for an ROTC program or American Legion. Just guessing.

Mine is pretty dirty in the photo because I just picked it out of the back of the spare closet where it has sat untouched for several years (to my shame). Guess I’d better clean it up tomorrow.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    That chrome one could’ve been done as a parade/drill team rifle sometime in the first half of the last century.... maybe for an ROTC program or American Legion. Just guessing.

Mine is pretty dirty in the photo because I just picked it out of the back of the spare closet where it has sat untouched for several years (to my shame). Guess I’d better clean it up tomorrow.
    That's why it should live with me, it would never ever see the back of a spare closet again ever. It should be hanging on a wall where anybody walking by could get hit with some history and experience the bulge in the front of their britches.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

A budget priced, hammer forged frame, slide, and chrome-lined barrel. Less than $500 but very good reviews. Tisas B45 Carry made in Turkey, imported by SDS Imports.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good to me. Course I never saw a 1911 I didn't kind of adore.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Well the fit and finish on them is supposed to be very good Colonel. I'll report back on that when I get it. They're also supposed to run well. Not a lot of money for them, and given that I won't be putting thousands of rounds through it if she runs and is put together well it should outlast me, and I'll consider it a very good deal.
    I debated on getting the stainless but this is intended to be a knock around gun and stainless just picks up scratches too easily. Speaking of which, do you ever touch up your Classic? If so, what do you use on it?