Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 74 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Happiness is a new gun 2

I can tell you that after we sold our other home in the city and moved here permanently in 2020, I never want to move again, especially at my age. Another move would kill me. The wifey deserves a prize, she busted her butt. Had to get rid of lots of stuff. Had to leave the house with the dog 2-3 times a day when potential buyers showed up. PIMA..............Had to have a rummage sale to sell off some things. Luckily, we put the house up for sale on a Monday and we sold it on Wednesday. It sure made it a lot easier having another home to go to right away, all set up. More work here but it keeps me busy. Smartest thing I ever did getting out of the city. Got a new metal roof last year. I'm the process of building a new roof for my wellhouse. One of the best things is I can shoot in my back yard. We've got plenty of "skeets" up here. I bought the wifey a pod. It's basically a 3-person screen tent that sets up in about 5 seconds. Weighs 10 lbs. Easily moved, no stakes. We put it on the deck at night when the skeets are bad. Works like a charm, and if bad weather hits, you just put it in the garage. Enough room for the 2 of us, the dog and chairs. Luckily, we have a 42'x32' pole garage for stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Late in the game. I feel it too Colonel. We'd get a tidy sum for our place, but because it would also cost us a tidy sum to buy another, what's the point? Although, my brother-in-law and his wife put their place in Gig Harbor up for sale last week with a $400K asking price. Within three days they had 21 offers and accepted one for $500K cash with no contingencies. They relocated to OK. Had a new place built before they even left here last week. And I'm sure their new place cost a lot less. I hate moving though....
    Sure hope they have a tornado shelter!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Not sure I'd like working on guns and stuff in a wind tunnel though. We have one of those big fans running at Tractor Supply, sell them too but it really blows. You gotta be a ways away from it. Guys in the yard get all hot, they come in and stand in front of the fan, cools em off pretty quick.

I'd look at screening in the open part of the shop were it me, get something to keep cool when it's bloody hot. Maybe a swamp cooler, not 100% sure how those work but visited folks in Reno and they really work.

Not worth it here without admin and worthless Governor. I'd like to move east myself, but late in the game for me.
    I was just at Tractor Supply and saw the fans you're talking about. Those skeets wouldn't have a chance. One of my more frequently visited stores.

A fan blowing all the springs and pins around, creating a mini whirlwind of gunpowder, no thanks.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Drastic times call for drastic measures. If it were me and I was going to try this I would place the fan between me and the open garage door, facing toward the outside. Even better would be if the garage had a window with the fan between me and the window. With the fan blowing out the window to provide no ingress for the nasties. Then citronella smoke inside the garage, like from a candle or tiki torch and a little fan blowing over me to cool things down. Of course depending on how hot it gets in the garage it may never be cool enough to sit in it during the day.

It does get super hot out there, so it's always been evening work this time of the year. It is a semi-enclosed garage. When we bought, it was essentially a car port. I enclosed the front and put in 2 garage doors. From the driveway, it looks like a garage. Once you open those, one side is completely open, short of a knee wall and 3 block columns. So, it is as open as can be. It would tske everyrhing you mentioned to not get eaten out there, then some. BUT... When I do my bug spraying (electric fogger) they do subside for a few days, if I really blast the yard too. You keep egging me on and I'm gonna get out there soon! : )

Well, springs and pins can be contained if for example by working in the shallow bottom of a cardboard box to keep the fan from blowing things away. If there's a will there's a way.

True! True! I do any assembly/dissasembly on the kitchen table, unless a vice or press is needed. Out in my little garage workspace all I do is the buffing wheel part of my polishing. I still have to complete polishing on 2 slides, a frame, a baseplate, pretty much an entire revolver and it's internals along with a bunch of small parts including slide stop/takedown, hammer, trigger, etc. etc. Hitting it an hour here than there helps, but barely makes a dent. Winter time? I can be out there 6-8 hours in comfort with no skeeters. 😀

Time marches on. I remember right after I got squished and was teaching myself to checker I could be at the bench all night, 15-20 hours straight and work with the nekkid eye. Now if I can pull off 2 hours I'm doing good and I where reading glasses and an opti visor magnifier. Nice to have multiple things to do so if one thing is frustrating, you can set it aside and do something else and come back to it.
    My wife is into crafts and she can work on multiple projects on top of each other with crap all over the place. I just can't do that. I put everything away and start with a clean bench. Sometimes foolishly. I put tools away only to have to retrieve them again minutes later but at least I know where they are I guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bird, get a window a/c from Walmart and call it a day!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101