Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like they really picked "the wrong guy."

Default Looks like they really picked "the wrong guy."

Fox News reports pistol instructor put all rounds on target....

10 to chest and one to head? What ever happened to "2 into chest and 1 into head?" SMH! LOL!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas...all-of-my-hits

I perused the comments and found this little gem:

Rules for a Gunfight
    Anonymous
    1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
    2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap – life is expensive.
    3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
    4. If your shooting stance is good, you’re probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
    5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
    6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
    7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
    8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
    9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on “pucker factor” than the inherent accuracy of the gun. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. “All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket.”
    10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
    11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
    12. Have a plan.
    13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won’t work.
    14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
    15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
    16. Don’t drop your guard.

Have to say I like it!

Oh, and why 10 shots? Shoot until the threat is stopped. Plain and simple!

If he was going to land a head shot, should have been the third round fired. My training was (direct quote) "two shots to the chest and if he doesn't go down, assume drugs or body armor, take out the computer." At that moment the training officer drew an "X" on the forehead of the silhouette target.

I am always curious about caliber, model of weapon, ammo choice. Have been since I was a child.

I've put some thought into it and I can't seem to train the double tap out, even when practicing against multiple attackers. Jeff Cooper wouldn't be happy with me! Also, I'd probably put all rounds into the chest area.....just have to wait and see if I'd remember to "take out the computer" like the instructor said.

Maybe there was nothing in the guy's head, so he went back to chest shots. I'm often told things to the effect that head shots would not disable me in the least.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

That was a good one man. LOL

I guess he had too much practice and his world champion Glock-shootin' GF wasn't carrying! Only one perp, so he got a full mag... maybe.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

They both should have engaged.

As soon as my mail order bride is legal, she'll be carrying. Be like Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

I love the story of Polk County Florida Sheriff Grady Judd who after having one officer killed and another wounded during a traffic stop was asked why when his officers tracked the thug down they shot him 68 times, his answer was a classic....He said that's all the bullets they had....

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    I love the story of Polk County Florida Sheriff Grady Judd who after having one officer killed and another wounded during a traffic stop was asked why when his officers tracked the thug down they shot him 68 times, his answer was a classic....He said that's all the bullets they had....
    My kind of chief that one.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."