Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to KAHR

Default New to KAHR

I’m very much a Glock guy. Typically carry a G26. But I have been interested in Kahrs for a couple years. Anyways, I saw new black P9 with everything in the box for 345 (no night sights) and bought it. I am picking it up from my LGS in a few days.

Im not necessarily out to replace the 26 or the 42 for AIWB but heck, if the kahr runs I’m sure it’ll fit somewhere.

Just stopping in to say hello. Any advice on this lil pistol other than remembering there’s possibly a break in period?

I also read Kahrs have had mag issues but this may have been fixed? Is the latter true.

I’m excited about this little guy. I dry fired a PM40 and absolutely loved the trigger. Thanks all!

Welcome Johnssd2, if you picked up a Kahr, you came to the right place.

Most of the mag issues were related to 40's smacking the feed ramp a bit and haven't heard much about those of late.

All guns pretty much require a break in, Kahr just says it out loud and in print. Most don't need it but some stumble a bit early on. Feed it good quality non girly man loads and it should run fine. Kahrs like full power (like most new guns) especially at first.

Do come back and sing us a love song after you get that P9 out and about.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Welcome Johnssd2, if you picked up a Kahr, you came to the right place.

Most of the mag issues were related to 40's smacking the feed ramp a bit and haven't heard much about those of late.

All guns pretty much require a break in, Kahr just says it out loud and in print. Most don't need it but some stumble a bit early on. Feed it good quality non girly man loads and it should run fine. Kahrs like full power (like most new guns) especially at first.

Do come back and sing us a love song after you get that P9 out and about.

Thanks a ton. Good info. And I’ll post once I get it out.

Welcome to Kahrs man. I have been a Kahr fan and user since like 2000 or something. I fell in love with the grip and trigger on an E9 and bought it, only to replace it with a P9 Covert. Recently I wanted an all-steel K9 again so bought one then another!

I just replaced the slide stop of my P9 with a newer version with a bevel. The original had a sharp edge at the rear of the serrated part.

Yesterday I carried a CW 45 while out on a fuel run.

Do the New Kahr prep that is a sticky in the New to Kahr folder and you will probably not have a hiccup.

Really, 200 rounds for any gun we intend to bet our lives on is what we should run through it anyway. I remember the "break in" period with my old E9 and that was no biggie for me.

Go out there, enjoy this thing, and get us pics.

Thanks all. Just picked this dude up. Very slick. Three mags. Great feeling trigger. Will get it out this Tuesday👍👍💥

Great upgrade from the CW series. Started out with CW series and eventually moved up to Ks and P9. No regrets!

F you shoot lead bullets, you may want to consider having the barrel throated. Kahrs I have shot have a very abrupt leade. If you’re planning to shoot factory or jacketed reloads, you’re probably good to go.

The P I believe has a polygonal rifled barrel. Lead really isn't recommended. Same with all, some don't believe it hurts anything but several manufacturers discourage it.

Just sayin.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."