Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Put the new beveled slide stop on a P9.

Default Put the new beveled slide stop on a P9.

That's a problem my P9 has had since I got it in 2003...the slide release/slide stop lever has a sharp edge my thumb didn't like. Last night I replaced it with a newer beveled Kahr unit and it's an improvement for sure.

Anyone else do this?

Glad you brought this up. It's been hurting my thumb after a few magazines. Have to change my thumb position. I'll look on the website for it.

Quote Originally Posted by canyonlakers View Post
    Glad you brought this up. It's been hurting my thumb after a few magazines. Have to change my thumb position. I'll look on the website for it.
    Welcome to the forum. Some of us have lightly filed down the sharp edges on slide release with good results. That may be worth a try if you are up to it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

If your gun is a two tone it's no big thing to file the slide stop down. If it isn't you could buy a stainless lever and file it. Sometimes the stainless controls on an otherwise black gun look very nice. If you swapped out the mag release for a stainless one at the same time a black gun would then look like it came from the factory that way.

I didn't consider filing it down. I have the all black P9. I think I will try it. If I could see some pictures for an example that would help. I am new to this forum so I will look to see if anyone has pictures. I will also look to see if there is an example of the stainless slide locks and the mag release on the all black P9's.

I’ve been slowly taking off the sharp edges a few of my Kahrs. 1000 grit sandpaper while I’m watching tv. Not aggressive enough to get out hand quickly, but still enough to trim off any edges you don’t like.

I’ve been slowly taking off the sharp edges a few of my Kahrs. 1000 grit sandpaper while I’m watching tv. Not aggressive enough to get out hand quickly, but still enough to trim off any edges you don’t like.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2F27rT7YU5cTYeD4A

Not a great picture but shows my PM45 where I filed down the slide release. Checkered it a bit. Most felt I went a bit too far, too much. I've since replaced it, just kind of rounded the edges a bit.

In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Lots of companies charge extra to do those very things. And the reason they can is because the guns then make for easier handling. I've always been a big fan of Kimber's Carry Melt and Sig's SAS treatments. And Kahr's slide release lever has always been much too sharp for my tastes.
    Last edited by dao; 04-17-2023 at 10:02 AM.

I think it looks like a pretty good job myself............................................