Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: P 380 range trip

Default P 380 range trip

The range opened yesterday. Supriseingly not crowded. I shot my two new P 380s. I put 50 rounds of Winchester white box and 50 rounds of Precision One and about 15 rounds of some Old Remington hollow points through both of them. They both ran perfectly. Now another hundred rounds through each of them nd a half a box of the Precision one hollow points and if they run that perfectly they will be ready.

Nice! These are great firearms.

Excellent!

Really glad to hear that!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

That's good to hear. I'm still waiting for my order of XTPs to get here so I can finish my P380's reliability test before I trust carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    The range opened yesterday. Supriseingly not crowded. I shot my two new P 380s. I put 50 rounds of Winchester white box and 50 rounds of Precision One and about 15 rounds of some Old Remington hollow points through both of them. They both ran perfectly. Now another hundred rounds through each of them nd a half a box of the Precision one hollow points and if they run that perfectly they will be ready.
    Glad to see your P380 is running fine and gotta love the PrecisionOne. I shoot the XTP Plus P, and a lot of their range ammo.

Also had mine out again today. Ran nothing but some old Freedom Munitions stuff I had. Today I took the CW380 and the New P380. (to date 350 rds). I wanted to just do some informal range practice with the two guns. I set out targets at 10 yds and 15 yds. All shooting was done with about 1 sec shot interval or Rapid Fire.
    Results were about normal, nice head shot groups. I did notice that the Polygonal barrel does seem to do slightly better at 15yds. Also shooting the P380 seemed to produce less felt recoil.
    Do not know if this is just perceived or if anyone else has noticed this. I plan to take my chrony out in the next few weeks and see what is going on.
    Also the feeling of shooting the 380 less often is really starting to make more sense all the time. Why, because I can train with the LCR22 DAO and small barrel for so much less cost and get the same results. Today I shot 200 rds, a few days ago 200 rds. It adds up quick.

Besides I love shooting the LCR. I really want to find a DAO small gun in 22.cal but not many out there that appeal to me. I also shoot the Phoenix HPA 22 but the trigger is more of a light crisp trigger. That said, one of the best trainers out there for small barrel shooting.

PS New P380 now has 450 rds flawless rounds. Have no idea how many the CW has now, but a lot.

I carry the Precision One XTP standard load. Some of the brain trusts that rate such things say there is no reason to use the +P. The gel tests say the standard pressure expands by about 50% and penatrates 13.5" consistently so I am sticking with it.