Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Good news! Local 'smith said he can "melt" and cerakote for $175!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    A phase I never seemed to have left. I carried my PM45 and Sig 365 fairly regular till about 3 months ago. Now nothing but a 1911 rides on my belt. Goes on when my pants do and comes off when the pants come off. Folks probably think I'm paranoid or something, rolling around the house with a gun but it just feels good.
    You're not the only one. If I'm in house clothes, I have a Taurus 85 38spc revolver on me; otherwise, I have my EDC on my belt from the time I get dress to leave the house until I take those clothes off to relax for the night.

I even wear mine relaxing watching TV in the evening. More relaxing having it on me. It goes on as I get dressed in bed, clothes set out on the wheelchair. Dress, into the chair, gun in holster before I even go tinkle. Reverse the process when I go to bed.
    Never hardly leave the house, never had any crime issues in 30 years on my hill. Maybe I am paranoid or perhaps just love guns and what to wear one all the time.
    For what little it might be worth, I quit wearing my little bowie knife every day after I retired. I kind of miss it, might have to go back to that just cause I guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I quit wearing my little bowie knife every day after I retired. I kind of miss it, might have to go back to that just cause I guess.
    I would think with the chair, may be a bit easier to have around/hidden/accessible. I did try for a while, but between keys, cell, wallet, etc, it was a bit much. Even got a super lightweight ceramic bladed deal. The 2 decent knives (Father’s day and B-day gifts) now sit securely in me and the wife's get outta Dodge bags. I do think having a blade for unwanted dances and on the floor interactions is a very good idea. The tactical dudes videos that I sometimes watch has me thinking that way.

Never hardly leave the house, never had any crime issues in 30 years on my hill. Maybe I am paranoid or perhaps just love guns and what to wear one all the time.
    I wouldn’t say you’re paranoid, just exercising freedom and doing what you want. Add to that, you can’t be paranoid because you gave up the double bagged 1911 in the shower, right?

Truth be known, by H&K rest within reach from the shower.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Love the K40. I do not have a PCR, but I do have a P01 and a 75 Compact. The K40 is just so much more comfortable to carry and easier to conceal. I typically can not make up my mind between my K40 and S&W Shield 45.

I thought about picking up a nice 9mm stainless Colt 1911 for EDC, but the thumb safety turns me off from that idea. Not really against thumb safeties per se, but I dont want to mix and as between having one and not having one on my carry gun. I know that, for me, I'll mostly will stumble with swiping the safety off if I go from carrying a one without one to a 1911. If all I every carried and trained with were guns with thumb safeties, then it would probably be muscle memory to effortlessly swipe it off.
    You are spot on about the muscle memory. I learned that was a thing in the military. If you train and train and train, when the Sh!t hits the fan, you don't think, you react. I have been carrying a 1911 for so long, my thumb reaches for the safety on my K40.

I once attended a course called "self defense outside the home", one of the students had a new HK with a safety and forgot to take it off, many time in the training, so I agree, if no training, no safety is best.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I wouldn’t say you’re paranoid, just exercising freedom and doing what you want. Add to that, you can’t be paranoid because you gave up the double bagged 1911 in the shower, right?

Truth be known, by H&K rest within reach from the shower.
    Truth, I did give up the double bagged 1911 in the shower. That has to be worth something right. I'm not paranoid.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Interesting thread drift.
    Unfortunately, 1911's are no longer an option for me. But carrying at home? Yes, all the time. Not that I'm in a high crime area, but occupied home invasions do seem to be getting more popular nationwide. And it beats putting the pistol in the safe every time the grandkids come over and getting it out every time I go to leave or to bed. POGO is a good motto

The one thing I miss about my 1911's are the triggers. Hard to beat. I have a CZ SP01 that I had Cajun Gun Works do their thing on and the S/A trigger is pretty close to my 1911's. No safety, just a de-cocker. Being DA/SA makes it considerably less likely to have an AD in a high stress situation. 18+1 capacity is nice also but it's for home defense only. For carry I switch between my K9, P365 and HK P2000. For hiking and camping, which I almost never do anymore, it's a S&W .357 revolver.