Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn, that MK9 slide racking is a ******!

Actually once you get the lever part past the edge of the slide you really don't have to hold it back anymore. It's clearing the lever that requires the pull.

Once you figure out how to hold it with one hand, it's not that hard. I hold with one hand and give a little tap with a soft face hammer or a screw driver or something and I'm home free.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Have you tried wrapping your thumb around the top of the back of the grip and your fingers over the top of the slide? This will allow you to apply even pressure on the slide while it's positioned where it needs to be. Pardon the weapon in the picture, it's the first one that came up in my search

I understand this will put your hand over the nub that needs to be tapped, but once you're able to start it out with a thumbnail on the left side and don't need access to the right side this grip will help you greatly
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Have you tried wrapping your thumb around the top of the back of the grip and your fingers over the top of the slide? This will allow you to apply even pressure on the slide while it's positioned where it needs to be. Pardon the weapon in the picture, it's the first one that came up in my search

I understand this will put your hand over the nub that needs to be tapped, but once you're able to start it out with a thumbnail on the left side and don't need access to the right side this grip will help you greatly
    Thanks, I will definitely try that. I was trying to push back from the muzzle and need 3 hands. Other than the wife's LCPII which is easy, I'm used to lever type breakdown handguns.
    MK9 Elite w/Night Sights / Wood Grips
    P380 w/Night Sights
    Glock 30 w/ TruGlo TFX Pro / Streamlight TLR-6
    Glock 26 Gen 5 w/Night Sights
    Glock 42 TruGlo TFX Pro
    Sig P365 w/Night Sights / CT Green Laser
    HK VP9SK w/Night Sights
    Walther PPQ M2 45acp w/TruGlo TFX Pro / TLR-7

I do just like the picture but use my left hand and from the muzzle end. You can put your thumb in the trigger guard but I don't have to myself. This lets you see the take down lever notch, you don't need to align the lines, get it to where it needs to be, twist it around and give the pin a little tap and it's Miller Time.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post

Got this technique working well.
    Thanks!
    MK9 Elite w/Night Sights / Wood Grips
    P380 w/Night Sights
    Glock 30 w/ TruGlo TFX Pro / Streamlight TLR-6
    Glock 26 Gen 5 w/Night Sights
    Glock 42 TruGlo TFX Pro
    Sig P365 w/Night Sights / CT Green Laser
    HK VP9SK w/Night Sights
    Walther PPQ M2 45acp w/TruGlo TFX Pro / TLR-7

You're welcome. Glad it's working out for you.

Shoot the crap out of it and it will lighten up

Jellyfish script is hilarious.