Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't believe it's that nice! First week production K9.

Well he's sure enabled me more than a few times, saved my butt more than a few times too.

That finish might be Black T, Kahr in the early days used them, not sure the dates or if it was in the beginning but it's a good solid finish.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    Great find. Especially in comparison to this listing:
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/868746509 , another early production K9. This listing includes a email from Kahr giving more details about the serial number. It should allow you to pin your's down exactly. Scroll through the pics in the listing to see a picture of the email.
    That was the ad that started it all. (That's at least the second time that gun has been listed on Gunbroker). I saw it the first time, got a laugh out of it, started a thread on here about it. gb#### replied with a link to what I bought. I figured 1/3 the price was decent for such an early weapon. Mine came with box and documents but no Kahr mag, just one Firestar mag. I'll get new mags for it.

I am just dying to fondle it more but I'm still a bit paranoid. A clerk at the gun store handled it and given their complete lack of virus prevention I don't trust where his hands have been. I don't want to wipe it down with a bleach wipe so it's in my "quarantine box" by the door. It will stay there for 3 days total.

I know Foxnews and Ben Shapiro reported "it doesn't transfer from surfaces easily" but I have an elderly dad to take care of. It will remain there its allotted time before being handled again.

If it's matte but smooth, or satin and smooth it could be Roguard by Robar. That's the finish that's on my 2000 Elite MK9

New info....I looked in the K9's case and oh boy! No "official documents" such as we are used to but I found something a lot more interesting. Kahr had supplied a letter to a dealer, inviting him to Shot Show, and apologizing for only including a paper print out of the manual. Also, there is a carbon (transfer through) copy of the buyer's original forms filled out in Maryland for purchase, including personal details like address and address of gun store along with a questionnaire similar to a Form 4473.

I may type up letters to both addresses and see if I can get any further info on the purchase. I've never received this sort of info with a weapon before. Maybe I can find out what happened to the mags! LOL

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago. I bought a Walther TPH listed on Gun Broker that was shipped with the original sales receipts and paperwork from the local sheriff department. The original buyer was the sheriff himself. This paperwork contained the gun shop info, buyer's name, address and social security number. Too much information IMHO. I believe he had passed away and his collection was sold.

The gun and spare mag were still wrapped in their shipping wrappers and looked as if they'd never been opened. The gun was perfect. A very lucky find on my part. Based on the original cost, the purchase was a good investment on their part. Time will tell for my investment.

Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

In college I came across a student form with social security number on it. I didn't know the young lady personally but to protect her I shredded the form and emailed her to tell her about that. Later we met in person and she thanked me.

That is a sweet handgun and story.

It's possible that you have the e-nickel finish there. That was an option in the first year (only, I think). Mine looked like that until I polished it with Flitz. Then it looked a lot better. Shiny, but not garishly so.

Hmm.....I'll ask Kahr at some point. I don't like to modify anything in ways that cannot be easily reversed.

Apologies. Looking at it on a better screen, I don't think it's e-nickel. AFAIK, they only did that the first year, and the lettering on the left side of the frame was done differently then, as was the serial #.