Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Slide Release on P9

Default Slide Release on P9

Everyone. Thanks for the big welcome. I recently posted that I was new to kahr. So far I have blown out the striker channel (not much in there that I saw) and cleaned it up. I also read the manual and ensures the mag springs were inserted correctly (they were).

Quick question: Inserting the slide realize at 4 o’clock then 3 o’clock to interface with the spring does not apply to the P series, correct? That’s how the manual reads. I placed it in the P9 straight on and no problems. Locks back on empty mag. Maybe that’s 380s and other series (PM, etc)?

Just making sure I’m not missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnssd2 View Post
    Everyone. Thanks for the big welcome. I recently posted that I was new to kahr. So far I have blown out the striker channel (not much in there that I saw) and cleaned it up. I also read the manual and ensures the mag springs were inserted correctly (they were).

Quick question: Inserting the slide realize at 4 o’clock then 3 o’clock to interface with the spring does not apply to the P series, correct? That’s how the manual reads. I placed it in the P9 straight on and no problems. Locks back on empty mag. Maybe that’s 380s and other series (PM, etc)?

Just making sure I’m not missing something.
    Per the current manual available for download on the Kahr website, that is the procedure for all kahr pistols. However, there is no real need to position the slide stop at 4 o'clock then rotate it to 3. You can just start at the 3 o'clock position, but be sure the spring goes over the tab of the slide stop.

I think the manual is written as it is to make folks more conscious of the stop and stop spring positioning. It might also avert someone scratching the slide with the stop.

FWIW, Kahr does not mention the 4 o'clock thing in their disassembly/assembly videos:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks Greg👍