Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P380 DAO dry fire question

Thanks guys! I bought it used with approx 100 rounds through it, it is serial RC1xxxx.
    Ill read up on the new user guide, and look into the lakeline upgrade.
    I bought a few types of ammo to test at the range that I've read others had success using (avoiding the white box winchester flat tips & fiocci)
    I'm looking forward to trying it out! All I've had time to do so far is a field strip and clean it, and rack the slide a ton of times

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're ready to take it to the range. Enjoy!

I’m not aware of anything Kahr has done over the years to change or improve the stock striker. On their website they offer both the stock and Lakeline strikers which suggests to me that there is still a difference.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Putting the Kahr and Lakeline strikers side by side the difference is easy to see. The Lakeline is much beefier in the web area where the Kahr breaks. No one seems to know if Kahr has changed their striker or not. They may have upgraded the metal in it. Who knows? Why risk it if you will use it as a carry gun?

I've had no problems with Winchester white box or any other ammo I have fed my CW380. Probably at least 8 other brands. I never tried Fiocci as so many people have had trouble with it. The two new P380s have only had Winchester WB and Precision one through them so far. I only have a bit over 100 rounds through each of them as I shot off some old Remington hollow points I carried before I changed to a better self defense ammo and 50 WWB and 50 P1.

Default P380 DAO dry fire question

I like to use a snap cap with a springed “primer” for dry fire. Haven’t had a problem with the stock strikers.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Putting the Kahr and Lakeline strikers side by side the difference is easy to see. The Lakeline is much beefier in the web area where the Kahr breaks. No one seems to know if Kahr has changed their striker or not. They may have upgraded the metal in it. Who knows? Why risk it if you will use it as a carry gun?
    This.^^^^^^

Last I looked, Kahr even sells the Lakeline striker on their website. If you can't beat 'em.....

Lakeline-Ultimate-Striker-versus-Factory-Striker-resized.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    This morning I emailed Kahr and asked.
    It's a shame if Kahr hasn't upgraded to the Lakeline. Especially with a striker problem at the P380's cost.
    If the stock striker is installed, I'll change to the Lakeline after a couple hundred rounds.
    MK9 Elite w/Night Sights / Wood Grips
    P380 w/Night Sights
    Glock 30 w/ TruGlo TFX Pro / Streamlight TLR-6
    Glock 26 Gen 5 w/Night Sights
    Glock 42 TruGlo TFX Pro
    Sig P365 w/Night Sights / CT Green Laser
    HK VP9SK w/Night Sights
    Walther PPQ M2 45acp w/TruGlo TFX Pro / TLR-7

You people new to Kahrs and the 380 really should shoot the snot out of your pistols BEFORE changing out parts. Just my opinion after ten years owning an RAxxxx with thousands down the pipe. Yes strikers have broken but they don’t tend to brake. Joeb, you should change yours out then you can sleep at night. You seem stressed out concerning the dreaded broken striker.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I put 500 rounds through my CT380 bought in 2018 with the stock striker with no issues. I upgraded to the Lakeline at that point just to mitigate the risk that it might break.
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    I'll let you know in a few hundred more rounds. Actually, they look the same. Some of us surmised that Kahr had a bad batch of strikers back then (around 2015) because there seemed like there were a lot of them. But I don't know if any one is sure. I normally carry my P365 but will sometimes throw my original P380 in a pocket. It has the Lakeline striker in it. The one I recently bought for $299 will be getting workouts at the range and I'll see how the stock striker holds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    You people new to Kahrs and the 380 really should shoot the snot out of your pistols BEFORE changing out parts. Just my opinion after ten years owning an RAxxxx with thousands down the pipe. Yes strikers have broken but they don’t tend to brake. Joeb, you should change yours out then you can sleep at night. You seem stressed out concerning the dreaded broken striker.
    Yes, you are correct. I don't like the possibility of a failure that's happened to more than a few but I will put a few hundreds rounds through it first. Maybe my confidence will build....nah.
    MK9 Elite w/Night Sights / Wood Grips
    P380 w/Night Sights
    Glock 30 w/ TruGlo TFX Pro / Streamlight TLR-6
    Glock 26 Gen 5 w/Night Sights
    Glock 42 TruGlo TFX Pro
    Sig P365 w/Night Sights / CT Green Laser
    HK VP9SK w/Night Sights
    Walther PPQ M2 45acp w/TruGlo TFX Pro / TLR-7