Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Law and Order

Quote Originally Posted by rx7sig View Post
    @I_Like_Turtles,

To be accurate, I did NOT advocate "listening to black Americans." I suggested learning from the "... the many heartfelt public testimonials being expressed by fellow Americans who are protesting the treatment by police and the criminal justice system, of Black Americans and other persons of color ...".

One of the (American) panelists on this morning's "Meet the Press" described what he (white) and his wife learned about these matters after having adopted an Ethiopian child. I think you should be able to pull up this MTP edition if you're interested in hearing his testimonial.

My parents are Black American (as were their parents, my grandparents). I have two siblings. My dad retired as a thirty year U.S. Army veteran (served in Korea and a combat tour in Vietnam), and retired afterward as a fifteen year U.S. Army civil servant. We three of my parents' sons, senior citizens now, are a surgeon and two PhD's. Despite this, all of us--my parents, my brothers, and I--feel at risk whenever we encounter LEO, and whenever we negotiate the criminal justice system.

rx7sig
    So you are telling us that you are either black or some other race but adopted by a black family? And that matters because why exactly? See I see race because my eyes function correctly as does my brain but race matters not to me. What matters to me is character......which used to the the standard we were supposed to be looking for! SMH.

Why does the race of the person on the panel matter?

Being afraid does not make much difference.....most everyone is a bit anxious when they are pulled over. Going further, if a white person confessed a fear of black people, would that be "racist?"

I guess you are also telling us you didn't watch the video I linked, right?

Since skin color really seems to matter to you then I guess my sharing that my last several girlfriends being black and my current girlfriend being a very dark Asian matters somehow, right? SMH.

Just like the many many misunderstandings going on all over the country and the world right now I think this thread has many and also some misunderstood interpretations.
    Not sure what I'm trying to say here other than I don't judge a book by it's cover. Well that's not exactly true, I'm an expert profiler, I can tell a dirt bag right off but the skin color has nothing to do with the profile.

Be that as it may, I think what's needed to be said here has been said and before things turn ugly lets get back to gun talk, or bikini talk, or the best micro wave popcorn.

I'm shutting this one down. Why you may ask. Because I can. Wow that sounded really manly and aggressive huh?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."