Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Law and Order

Default Law and Order

I'm very angry, I am watching my city of Atlanta being burned and looted tonight after a large protest against the death of George Floyd during his arrest by Minnesota Police which we have all seen the video of and which was absolutely totally wrong and the officer involved should have to answer for his actions and stand trial for what he did.... In any profession there are bad apples but what I am seeing tonight makes me sick to my stomach....I believe in our first amendment right to assemble and protest but when things start to become violent then law enforcement should be allowed to control the situation and do their duty BUT Atlanta Mayor Queen Keisha Lance Bottoms put out the order to our openly gay Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields to have the APD Officers stand down and let the protesters do whatever they pleased.....The Officers were not allowed to wear body armor or riot gear because it might anger the protesters and were having to dodge water bottles, eggs, fire works, rocks, urine and even freeking knives being thrown at them and were not allowed to protect themselves or do their job and arrest the thugs....Many Police cars have been burned and destroyed and innocent business owners have had their store windows smashed and their merchandise looted all while the Police were handcuffed by their useless PC chief and not allowed to prevent anything from being stolen because again, it might anger the criminals..... I am very confused.....God Bless our Police....
    Last edited by getsome; 05-30-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Well, that's what you get when a certain party is in local office......we've seen it twice in Ferguson, MO and in "if you need space to destroy" Baltimore, MD.

Personally, I would shoot any SOB that threatened my property. There is no way in Hades I'd allow my business or my home to be burnt. Not happening.

As a news update, large crowds of peaceful protesters have marched about 10 miles north of downtown Atlanta to Buckhead which is a BIG MONEY, high end shopping area with two mega $ malls, Lenox and Phipps Plaza which are places you don't go to unless you have a very thick wallet and which have now been broken into by the fine protesters and who are looting everything they can carry away, lots of new owners of brand new Gucci purses showing up on social media, they are burning cars and places of business along the way which were already in financial trouble before this and now are totally destroyed and will never recover...The Police are diverting traffic from the area....The Gov. has called in the National Guard....What a freeking mess....Boys and girls, this is why we arm ourselves....Glad I stocked up on ammo while it was available....Lock and Load, be ready for what comes.....Pray for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    As a news update, large crowds of peaceful protesters have marched about 10 miles north of downtown Atlanta to Buckhead which is a BIG MONEY, high end shopping area with two mega $ malls, Lenox and Phipps Plaza which are places you don't go to unless you have a very thick wallet which have now have been broken into by the fine protesters and who are looting everything they can carry away, lots of new owners of brand new Gucci purses showing up on social media, they are burning cars and places of business along the way which were already in financial trouble before this and now are totally destroyed and will never recover...The Police are diverting traffic from the area....The Gov. has called in the National Guard....What a freeking mess....Boys and girls, this is why we arm ourselves....Glad I stocked up on ammo while it was available....Lock and Load, be ready for what comes.....Pray for Peace
    A great deal of this has to do with how social media radicalizes people and encourages ever-increasing exhibitionist behavior.

The next most-important thing is the lack of willingness on the part of government to stop this behavior.

Much of this rage is purely Trump Derangement Syndrome.

This is why we have to take responsibility for our own safety. With all due respect to law enforcement, the police cannot be relied on to protect you or your property.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Just wait and see how many businesses leave town permantly. More unemployment for the city. Less opportunities for the poor. It is self destruction to do this. Sure glad I am in a small town far from this insanity. Still kind of makes want to build bunkers and tunnels at my house. May be a fortified tower would be better, guard all directions by just spinning around.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    This is why we have to take responsibility for our own safety. With all due respect to law enforcement, the police cannot be relied on to protect you or your property.
    Tough to protect you and your property when your hands are usually tied behind your back. Typical, paint a whole group be it cops or protestors with a broad same brush. The governor telling them not to interfere with the protestors but let them go is a prime example.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Law and Order

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Tough to protect you and your property when your hands are usually tied behind your back. Typical, paint a whole group be it cops or protestors with a broad same brush. The governor telling them not to interfere with the protestors but let them go is a prime example.
    I didn’t mean that police were unwilling to protect and serve but that they would not be allowed to. I should have said “we cannot rely on the authorities to allow the police to protect our lives or property”.

I do stand fully behind my revised statement.

Just as I believe that should a law be passed that allows for confiscation of certain firearms, police will, under orders from the authorities, carry that out.
    Last edited by DavidR; 05-30-2020 at 02:12 PM.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

None of this is new....I first saw the "hands off approach" back in the early 1990's with the LA Riots. Later, as I became more educated on the issue, I learned why that is. The US Supreme Court has ruled that "police have no duty to protect" which makes sense......they aren't security, cannot be everywhere at once, and if they were required to protect people they'd be sued out of existence.

My issue is with governments (CA, IL, MD, MA, NY, etc.) that ban the tools of self-defense and demand the victims first run away. Evil has never been defeated by fleeing from it (Jeff Cooper).

People lament the lack of grocery stores in black communities...well....turns out being robbed, looted, and burned down is kinda expensive and hard on insurance rates.

However, the Supreme Court has ruled on this, and the police had no duty to protect anyone or any property.

https://www.barneslawllp.com/blog/po...quired-protect

Strange how this seems to be happening in jurisdictions with liberal, pro criminal, anti gun policies. Portland, DC, Atlanta, of course Minneapolis, etc. Not much going on down here in Florida. Probably a coincidence.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899