Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: 9mm vs 40 S&W magazines

Default 9mm vs 40 S&W magazines

I just noticed that my T9 magazines and T40 magazines look virtually identical expect for the roll mark.

Can anyone confirm this or speak to interoperability.

Thanks

They aren't interchangeable. I tried to "stretch" the 9mm tube, but that didn't work. There is an internal size difference, but not worth trying to get to work either way. Stick with stock for reliability... the most important thing. The only mods I could get away with involved replacing the plastic base plates with the 9mm metal ones and even then I needed use a 3/32"x 3/4" Inner Diameter neoprene O-ring to preclude pinching, especially by the .40.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    They aren't interchangeable. I tried to "stretch" the 9mm tube, but that didn't work. There is an internal size difference, but not worth trying to get to work either way. Stick with stock for reliability... the most important thing. The only mods I could get away with involved replacing the plastic base plates with the 9mm metal ones and even then I needed use a 3/32"x 3/4" Inner Diameter neoprene O-ring to preclude pinching, especially by the .40.
    Do you have a parts# for the metal base plate I would like to acquire some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokyo View Post
    I just noticed that my T9 magazines and T40 magazines look virtually identical expect for the roll mark.

Can anyone confirm this or speak to interoperability.

Thanks
    I tried to fit my Lakeline magazine sleeve for my 9mm onto my 40. It wasn't wide enough. The difference is tiny, though.

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".