Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P380 recoil spring set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If I recall correctly somebody here used a dowel about the size of the recoil spring rod and inserted that through the front of the slide to keep the spring aligned. I know they can be a wrestling match sometimes.
    It wasn't me who posted that, but I will say that I came up with the very same approach it it makes a tedious and frustrating job almost painless. Almost anyway ...

Months later and still a wrestling match for me. lol
    MK9 Elite w/Night Sights / Wood Grips
    P380 w/Night Sights
    Glock 30 w/ TruGlo TFX Pro / Streamlight TLR-6
    Glock 26 Gen 5 w/Night Sights
    Glock 42 TruGlo TFX Pro
    Sig P365 w/Night Sights / CT Green Laser
    HK VP9SK w/Night Sights
    Walther PPQ M2 45acp w/TruGlo TFX Pro / TLR-7

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If I recall correctly somebody here used a dowel about the size of the recoil spring rod and inserted that through the front of the slide to keep the spring aligned. I know they can be a wrestling match sometimes.
    I just use a Phillips head screwdriver that will fit inside the springs. With that, it is easy.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

FWIW when the springs are new I set the flat end of the rod on a a table top or bookshelf to push it through the springs into the hole. Works for me anyway.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    FWIW when the springs are new I set the flat end of the rod on a a table top or bookshelf to push it through the springs into the hole. Works for me anyway.
    This is my method, too. This way you can use your weight to compress the springs while you try to get the guide rod through the front hole, instead of just hand strength.