Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P380 Striker metal?

Quote Originally Posted by joeb View Post
    Thanks for the pic. I have a stainless steel recoil guide rod coming from Lakeline and have a stainless steel striker spring small guide rod from Galloway replacing the plastic piece. I might go with Galloway's reduction power spring kit..

https://gallowayprecision.com/kahr/c...-cm40-cw9-cw40
    I went with the MCarbo reduction kit. It resulted in a trigger pull of a little under 4 pounds in all three of my Kahr pistols. Given the long pull, I have no concerns about safety. I had no light strikes with any of the pistols.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Just be aware of some reduced power springs if you run the snot out of your pistols. Springs loose their rating with use. So a reduced power spring is already lower power so with continued use it gets weaker just as a full power does. Some say run it until there is a problem, then swap it out.

When does that problem occur? Maybe when you need it most. I ran a reduced power trigger spring in an XDSC9. It didn’t last 1k before it died. Ran the Wolffs RP striker in four Kahrs until I experienced lite strikes.

Proceed with caution!

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Just be aware of some reduced power springs if you run the snot out of your pistols. Springs loose their rating with use. So a reduced power spring is already lower power so with continued use it gets weaker just as a full power does. Some say run it until there is a problem, then swap it out.

When does that problem occur? Maybe when you need it most. I ran a reduced power trigger spring in an XDSC9. It didn’t last 1k before it died. Ran the Wolffs RP striker in four Kahrs until I experienced lite strikes.

Proceed with caution!
    Thanks, I'll pass on that spring option.
    MK9 Elite w/Night Sights / Wood Grips
    P380 w/Night Sights
    Glock 30 w/ TruGlo TFX Pro / Streamlight TLR-6
    Glock 26 Gen 5 w/Night Sights
    Glock 42 TruGlo TFX Pro
    Sig P365 w/Night Sights / CT Green Laser
    HK VP9SK w/Night Sights
    Walther PPQ M2 45acp w/TruGlo TFX Pro / TLR-7

I didn't know Galloway had a reduced power spring for the 380s. Wolf has one too, but its not for the 380s. The striker spring in the CW and P380 is not the same as in the other guns..
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    I didn't know Galloway had a reduced power spring for the 380s. Wolf has one too, but its not for the 380s. The striker spring in the CW and P380 is not the same as in the other guns..
    That’s interesting. I didn’t know the springs were different. MCarbo markets their reduced power spring kit as being for the 9 and the 380 - same spring for both.

Kahr lists their PM9 striker spring as for all guns except the CT,CW, and P380. The 380 striker springs are probably a bit smaller in diameter due to the size of the guns.

I received the Lakeline Ultimate Striker from Kahr today.
    I'm not going with and spring reduction kit. I'm just going with the Ultimate Striker. stainless steel recoil guide rod and stainless steel striker rod.
    So far about 250 rounds and it's been great but still will change out the striker for peace on mind..
    P380 w/Night Sights
    Glock 42 TruGlo TFX Pro
    HK VP9SK w/Night Sights

Quote Originally Posted by joeb View Post
    I received the Lakeline Ultimate Striker from Kahr today.
    I'm not going with and spring reduction kit. I'm just going with the Ultimate Striker. stainless steel recoil guide rod and stainless steel striker rod.
    So far about 250 rounds and it's been great but still will change out the striker for peace on mind..
    Thanks for keeping us updated. Let us know how the striker swap goes.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Thanks for keeping us updated. Let us know how the striker swap goes.
    While at the range, the gunsmith there installed the Lakeside Striker and stainless steel striker spring rod. I didn't see the difference with the stock striker vs the Lakeside. The gunsmith said he's done a few of the changeovers and said the Lakeside is a better made striker. $20 for the install which worked for me.
    I changed to a stainless steel recoil rod earlier and decided while the gun uis apart, add a stainless steel striker spring rod. All three are feel good things to me.
    P380 w/Night Sights
    Glock 42 TruGlo TFX Pro
    HK VP9SK w/Night Sights

Lakeline.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."