Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Finished the TFX Pros on the CZ97

Default Finished the TFX Pros on the CZ97

Well I finished modifying and voiding the warranty on the TFX PRO Sights for the CZ97b. I did the prototype a few months ago. My original guesstimate was a .135 height increase. That result failed, it shot 6” high at 30’. So after a few dirty blond beers, I ascertained a .065 height increase would suffice. I wasn’t totally satisfied with the cut down OEM sight and screw I fabricated. Sooo I made new parts. I left the OEM sight at .140. The dovetail is .125 deep. Then I ground and filed the TFX dovetail leg. I wanted an assembled height of .330 above the top of the slide. Lots of grind, file and fitting. The 6-40 screw is soft and the cut slot was wearing from so many fittings. Assembled and installed on the slide, aligned, removed and drilled two 5/64 holes for pins. Then disassembled, mixed up some JB Weld gave it a liberal coating, screwed it together and pressed in the pins. Installed it on the slide for an alignment check. Got lucky looks good. Removed the sight and let the JB setup couple of days. Did some filing to clean it up and black oxide the bare metal. Used the DJK sight pusher with a .0015 shim under the sight. Finished installed height of .325 above the slide. I hope it’s good, if not what the hell I’ll live with it. I could do more fill and file at the joint of the two pieces if it bothers me later.

correction: The TFX in the first pict does have two holes corresponding with the holes in the OEM part. Those are the holes for the pins. Just posted the wrong pict.
    Last edited by DJK11; 06-05-2020 at 06:13 PM.

In fact speaking of CZ.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    In fact speaking of CZ.
    That is a fine collection you got there.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    That is a fine collection you got there.
    I’ll second that.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

YQTSZHJ, I give you the credit for my interest in CZ. I wouldn’t have given them a second look if you hadn’t posted picts of yours. That got me over to the CZ Forum. The rest is money spent.

So I guess a thank you is in order.

Love TFX Pro sights.
    My Ruger LC9s Pro.

Those babies are bright!

The local range opened and I made a visit to test the modified TFX sights. Looks like I got lucky with my guesstimate. Dead nuts accurate. I’m happy!