Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy breakdown video

Default Easy breakdown video

This may have been posted before but I watched this video on a K9 easy breakdown but haven't tried the technique yet on my two Kahrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsNoXt4ud8E
    MK9 Elite w/Night Sights / Wood Grips
    P380 w/Night Sights
    Glock 30 w/ TruGlo TFX Pro / Streamlight TLR-6
    Glock 26 Gen 5 w/Night Sights
    Glock 42 TruGlo TFX Pro
    Sig P365 w/Night Sights / CT Green Laser
    HK VP9SK w/Night Sights
    Walther PPQ M2 45acp w/TruGlo TFX Pro / TLR-7

Just like many YouTube Kahr videos another idiot. No sorry genius. For safety you always drop the mag first.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Just like many YouTube Kahr videos another idiot. No sorry genius. For safety you always drop the mag first.
    Author is showing a trick he discovered that makes it easier to push out the slide stop pin. The trick is having the mag inserted.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

That's the way I saw it also. I tried it and it didn't work for me but I'll try again tomorrow after watching the video again. Fella doesn't do a great video but if it works I guess it don't matter.

I don't have trouble taking mine apart, I easily hold it with one hand and give the pin a little tap and we're done, but I gotta see if this really works.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I saw this video a while back and tried his "trick". It didn't work for me then. Just tried it again and it didn't work again. The guy is a terrible videographer and a worse narrator.

After watching this guy for the forth time I stand by my original assessment. Just listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    ...watching this guy for the forth time...
    Wow, that's 3.5 times too many!

I didn't see the "trick", I had to stop it... Couldn't bear it...

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Is his trick that it’s easier to remove the slide stop with an empty mag inserted? I tried that with my P9 and it’s more difficult with the mag inserted.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Tried it on a P380 and it was a bit of a hinderance. Not something I'll try again.

Kudos to the gent for trying to pass along something that worked for him and his K9.
    While it may not work for everyone, perhaps it might for someone besides him.
    As I see it, this will only work in K series guns that have the long, frame mounted, slide stop spring. That spring engages a small groove cut almost parallel to it on the K slide stop pin.

Having a mag inserted would cause the follower to push the slide stop lever up rotating the pin. This will effect how much of the spring engages the groove in the stop pin. Perhaps enough, that less engagement means less force is needed to push the stop out. There are enough variables (ie; spring tension, groove depth, position, etc...) that I see this working on some guns (at least one) and not working on others.
    Anyway, that's my two cents worth.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>