Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace

Thread: K9 Elite 03 with Night Sights -- $449 on sale

Default K9 Elite 03 with Night Sights -- $449 on sale

Anybody need or want a Kahr K9??
    It's not my K9 -- just giving someone else the chance at one for a good price.

Has night sights, one mag and a "BF" serial number prefix.

It is at the Cabela's in Sun Prairie WI, visible in their online Gun Library. Or if there's a Cabela's near you, call the Sun Prairie location and they'll ship it to your local store to buy there for only $25 (no obligation to buy, but you're out the shipping fee).

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Great price!

What's going on with Kahr?

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post
    Anybody need or want a Kahr K9??
    It's not my K9 -- just giving someone else the chance at one for a good price.

Has night sights, one mag and a "BF" serial number prefix.

It is at the Cabela's in Sun Prairie WI, visible in their online Gun Library. Or if there's a Cabela's near you, call the Sun Prairie location and they'll ship it to your local store to buy there for only $25 (no obligation to buy, but you're out the shipping fee).

Old No7
    New or use?

I was curious to see what my new non fired MK9 Elite 03 w/night sights was worth when I was at Cabela selling my wife's Shield EZ 380. I had the MK9 in the case with everything the way I got it. The Cabela rep said $370. LOL. Yet I got $300 for the EZ 380 with CT laser,
    MK9 Elite w/Night Sights / Wood Grips
    P380 w/Night Sights
    Glock 30 w/ TruGlo TFX Pro / Streamlight TLR-6
    Glock 26 Gen 5 w/Night Sights
    Glock 42 TruGlo TFX Pro
    Sig P365 w/Night Sights / CT Green Laser
    HK VP9SK w/Night Sights
    Walther PPQ M2 45acp w/TruGlo TFX Pro / TLR-7

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    New or use?
    Used.

Quote Originally Posted by joeb View Post
    I was curious to see what my new non fired MK9 Elite 03 w/night sights was worth when I was at Cabelas...
    I had the MK9 in the case with everything the way I got it. The Cabela rep said $370. LOL
    Not surprising actually; as they will usually aim to pay 55% to 60% of what they expect to sell it for -- so that would mean they'd resell it for $550 to $625.

If you do sell it, you'd be much better off to find a local FFL dealer who will sell it on GunBroker for their fees +15%, so you pocket the difference. My local guy does that as long as I provide him with 10+ clear pictures and an accurate description; plus he lists the item as a "consignment sale" and of course directs any questions on items I list to me.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Or just sell it on GunBroker yourself. I've done that a few times and always got what I was expecting to get and once even more than I was expecting (auction).

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Great price!

What's going on with Kahr?
    I think Kahr is being hurt by some of the newer guns out there like the Sig P365 and 365XL. Similar or smaller size but higher capacity. The K9 with 10+1 capacity would be perfect in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    I think Kahr is being hurt by some of the newer guns out there like the Sig P365 and 365XL. Similar or smaller size but higher capacity. The K9 with 10+1 capacity would be perfect in my book.
    Kahr has failed to innovate for a LONG time. They were a groundbreaking company twice. First time was the K9, of course. There was nothing comparable on the market at the time---striker fired, DAO(essentially), and an outstanding trigger. Second time they innovated was when they brought out the P9. And THAT was truly a unique product at the time. I bought one around introduction time simply because there was no polymer framed single stack 9mm on the market.

I guess the PM9 was also innovative, because Kahr won the "smallness wars" with that one.

But they've stopped. They for sure should have had a 10 round pistol on the market, and it should have been done before the P365. They already have an advantage in making thin pistols because of their patented offset feed ramp. Surely a designer as smart as Justin could design a double stack magazine. But it seems as though the Kahr line isn't the favored child in the company any more.

I love my Kahrs. I have Kahrs from all lines. I carry one every day. But their inability to recognize trends and adapt is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    Kahr has failed to innovate for a LONG time. They were a groundbreaking company twice. First time was the K9, of course. There was nothing comparable on the market at the time---striker fired, DAO(essentially), and an outstanding trigger. Second time they innovated was when they brought out the P9. And THAT was truly a unique product at the time. I bought one around introduction time simply because there was no polymer framed single stack 9mm on the market.

I guess the PM9 was also innovative, because Kahr won the "smallness wars" with that one.

But they've stopped. They for sure should have had a 10 round pistol on the market, and it should have been done before the P365. They already have an advantage in making thin pistols because of their patented offset feed ramp. Surely a designer as smart as Justin could design a double stack magazine. But it seems as though the Kahr line isn't the favored child in the company any more.

I love my Kahrs. I have Kahrs from all lines. I carry one every day. But their inability to recognize trends and adapt is frustrating.
    All good points, but that which I boldened might be the beginning and end of it right there. Good thinking!

A couple years ago, IIRC, there was a video on the Kahr website of Justin Moon shooting what I remember as a tricked out T9 with dot sight. Video seems to be gone now. I was really hoping it was a sign of things to come.

Back on topic.....The K9 Elite 03 is sweet! That's a great deal!