Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Been lurking for a month or so and realized how helpful everyone is here and that it would be a bad decision not to join.
    Anyways I was searching for a new pistol for 6 to 8 months now. I narrowed it down to a M&P Shield 9 and a Kahr CW 9. Every time I was about to purchase the Shield I held off as I just wasn't feeling it a hundred percent. Yes people love them and so many have them but I always liked to support the smaller company making a name for themselves. There is more to gain from putting out a quality item. I researched for months and when a great deal for a CW9 popped up I actually won the auction for what I think is an excellent price considering all the nonsense that has been going on the last few months. So I am a proud owner of a CW9.
    Having picked it up yet as I am waiting on paperwork. Residing in California ( I Know) and purchasing a handgun in one of the strictest states is a pain in the butt. If a suffix is wrong on the paper work somewhere along the line Rejected is what you will take home. Oh you have a purchase from 1998 and haven't updated the CFars , Rejected. Updated but can't remember the exact apartment number.. Rejected.. It's really stressful updating and making sure every I is dotted.
    Even purchasing ammo they run a background check.
    Yes it's to make us safer and to make it harder for a law abiding citizen to own a weapon. Only thing the majority of the people who are commiting crimes with guns are not following any laws.
    Sorry for the rant. I am looking forward to any help I hopefully won't need with my CW9. I will do the PREP listed here. The question I do have is what brand of ammo and grain should I break it in with?.
    Thanks in advance for any advice or tips. It is appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Default Hello

Hi and welcome!

Most will recommend brand name brass cased 124 grain ammo for break in. Most Kahr 9mm don’t really need a break in per se but some do (like my P9 did).

It’s unconscionable that you have to abide by California laws that violate the 2nd amendment. Kudos to you for hanging in there and buying guns despite their efforts to prevent you.

EDIT: buy the Shield too if you can before they outlaw everything.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Welcome to the forum. I’ve had Kahrs and the Shield. I sold the Shield last year but still have my Kahrs. I think you’ll be very satisfied.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Sometimes it's stressful jumping through loopholes, but the gratification in the end knowing you beat them in there game of chess is always worth it to me.
    I still wouldn't mind picking up a Shield down the line if I can find a great deal on one. Unfortunately a CA compliant gen 1 shield will cost $500 with tax which I think is a lil much when I see them selling for $280 new in other states. Again the price increase is due to CA laws. Loaded chamber indicator and micro stamping ballistic markings. CA hasn't seen any new on roster handgun models for sale through retail since 2013. But a private party can sell you an off roster handgun. Then they ask for very high prices for "off-roster. That $300 shield is now $700 to $900 go figure. Gun companies don't want to spend all the extra $ on California models only.
    Hoping my CW 9 doesn't have any hiccups but if it does I am convinced this site will be able to figure it out and get it 100% reliable.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Californian here. The T9's off roster, but as I'm sure you've noticed, there's a bunch of other 9mm still available to empty your wallet - K9, P9, MK9, PM9. Have fun shooting your ~first~ Kahr

I feel sorry for you folks. When I'm looking if it says California approved, I just skip right on. Same with cars and most everything else.
    Kind of sad but of course Oregon and Washington now days aren't much better.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hi Ren, welcome to the forum, glad you found us....I think you will enjoy your new CW9 and if you have any problems at all just come here for help, lots of really helpful nice folks hang out here that can work out any bugs that you may run into but you probably won't have any if you follow the prep and use good carry ammo for the break in period.....Hope you find a way to move out of Pelosiville and back to America someday, what a bizarre place Cali must be to live in....

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Hi Ren, welcome to the forum, glad you found us....I think you will enjoy your new CW9 and if you have any problems at all just come here for help, lots of really helpful nice folks hang out here that can work out any bugs that you may run into but you probably won't have any if you follow the prep and use good carry ammo for the break in period.....Hope you find a way to move out of Pelosiville and back to America someday, what a bizarre place Cali must be to live in....
    They don't call it "the land of fruits and nuts" for nothing! LOL

Ren....best of luck with your new tool. I carried a P9 Covert for many years and may again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I feel sorry for you folks. When I'm looking if it says California approved, I just skip right on. Same with cars and most everything else.
    Kind of sad but of course Oregon and Washington now days aren't much better.
    Build your border walls and keep us OUT, before us Stupifornians pollute you as we flee the mess we voted ourselves into here and start overrunning your elections to Borg you into our idiocy.
    CARB (CA air resources board) outlawed denatured alcohol last year! I'm on my last gallon, and I'm practically using an eye-dropper.
    Ugh! They've long since neutered all the usefulness out of so many formulations: Liquid Plumr, carb & brake cleaner, paint stripper, to say nothing of those green gas can nozzles aka spill tubes.
    But de-natured alcohol ?! . . . .looney-ville.

It's far too late, Oregon, Washington and I'm told AZ are overrun with folks that fled, only to try to make things just as they had left. Sadly now the whole country is upside down and drinking the kool aid.

Common sense I think is stored in a museum someplace, I still have mine but I think most just give up.

City council of Minneapolis is a prime example, saw a picture of the group. Losers one and all making decisions for a city that size. Lord help us, we surely need it.

I know the cause but I'll keep it to myself as the explanation would not be politically correct by a long stretch.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."