Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop

Thread: Black K40

Default Black K40

I saw a used black K40 at Cabela’s today for $299.
    Looked like a terrific deal to me, as I think the K40 is Kahr’s finest piece.
    Unfortunately I didn’t have the $$$, it would have matched my stainless K40.
    The store is in Allen Tx.

Two words, Credit Card.....I've traded and sold many guns I was later sorry of but never buying a new one, 3 bills is a steal for a K40 of any flavor... Take two aspririns and sleep on it then get back to us.....Oh and welcome to Kahrtalk texjack....Right now you may have two little guys on either shoulder, one on the right all in white with a halo and the other little dude on the left side dressed in red and with horns, listen to him, the other guy wearing all white with the halo is a total wus when it comes to gun purchases....

Texjack,

If that K40 has an older-style soft rubber grip, check the top of one of the grips for a quarter-inch tear. That tear will cause one portion of the grip to raise up and ride along the bottom of the slide, possibly causing a malfunction.

If the grip has the tear that I described, then that is the same K40 I tried to buy from them last May. I say try, because I called them, and talked to the Gun Library manager, and discussed the grip tear and the fact that the gun will need a new grip immediately upon purchase. A Lakeline G10 grip costs $89. I let him know this, and he agreed to sell it for $250, and agreed to place it on hold in the back.

Well, “the back” must be pretty big, because when I arrived at the store the gun was nowhere to be found. The person helping me couldn’t find it, and actually tried talking me out of purchasing it. I asked when the Gun Library Manager would be back, because I figured that he would know where he put the gun. The salesperson said, “He won’t be able to find it.”. Weird.

I left, intending to call the manager the following day. On the way home, I stopped at another gun shop, and found a used MK9 in really great shape, and decided to buy that gun. I stopped thinking about the K40 at Cabelas.

All that being said, if you found the same gun, it should be a great one. But, I would offer $250 due to the need for a new grip. The gun has been there over a year, so I’m betting they will accept the same deal.

I hope this info helps you.

-Wlf

There was a K40 on Gunbroker a few weeks ago, with CTC laser grip, for $300.00. It was there a little while before selling. $300.00 is what the grips alone would cost!

$300 for a K40 has to be one of the best values in the gun market. Mine is amazingly accurate and reliable, with great fit and finish. I would never trade it for a Glock, Sig,XD,S&W, etc.

I think it would be a solid defensive arm. Heavy but that tamps down recoil. Far too many people go for the lightest weapon they can get, never practice with it, and thus, they do not value accuracy. Most view a handgun like a "talisman" that will "ward off trouble" which is why they never practice, carry a reload, etc.

It's a tool one must keep up their skills with.

If you want it, can afford it, get it but practice with it and post us some pics!