Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Update on my new P9

Default Update on my new P9

This P9 came back and the letter from the maintenance dept, stated that "fitted barrel and slide". Did notice that the slide lock lever on the top had been ground on, but no other signs of work.

I've shot the pistol over a 100 rounds since it's turn around with the bulk being Remington Range ammo and Gold Dots for serious work. No malfunctions, good accuracy. Trigger is gritty after a few rounds so I can live with it. Nice to carry and the TRU/GLO night sights are very bright and easy to pickup. Will post a new photo when the rain stops.

Someone asked me to post when the P9 came back.

Gritty trigger? Ugh! My P9 Covert's trigger is very smooth so something is up with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    Gritty trigger? Ugh! ...something is up with yours.
    Per other posts on this forum -- many which include some great pictures -- there could be a burr on the trigger bar. Clean that up and it should feel much better.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post
    Per other posts on this forum -- many which include some great pictures -- there could be a burr on the trigger bar. Clean that up and it should feel much better.

Old No7
    Yep, about the only thing I've found wrong with some Kahr triggers.

Relatively easy fix once you lay your hands on a Torx T5 bit. And after the underside of the trigger bar where the spring rides is polished up the trigger becomes smooth as butter, just as you expect a Kahr trigger to be.

Just be careful when you put it back together not to tighten that little screw too much OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post

Old No7
    Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Yep, about the only thing I've found wrong with some Kahr triggers.

Relatively easy fix once you lay your hands on a Torx T5 bit. And after the underside of the trigger bar where the spring rides is polished up the trigger becomes smooth as butter, just as you expect a Kahr trigger to be.

Just be careful when you put it back together not to tighten that little screw too much OP.
    Yep, what they said

[<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Great pictures, as usual gb!

Thanks for the replies. Great tutorial on the fix! Thank you for your help!!!