Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DE 1911G ohh yaa

Default DE 1911G ohh yaa

I ran 130 rounds through my unfired DE 1911G. Other than consistently impacting 2” left at 30’ it’s a great shooter. Ran 110 hand loads of 185 rn, 200 swc and hp, 230 rn. Also ran 20 federal. Not a single malfunction or hiccup. Also ran 100 through the CZ97 and was somewhat more accurate but that’s what I’ve been handling for a couple of years. Both pistoles loved my Berry’s 200swc with 5.0 of Titegroup. Time to use the DJK site pusher then clean them up so I can dirty them again in a couple days.

Yup push that sight a bit and all will be right with the world. As I recall I had to tap mine just a bit after the first range visit too.
    Sure nice shooters though. If I was to create a sell pile (not bloody likely) they would never be in the pile.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Going to deposit more lead tomorrow, won’t sleep tonight in anticipation.

Ran about 100 more of hand loads without any malfunctions. POI is still to the left after moving the rear. Not much room to move before being off the side of the dovetail. Front white dot is difficult to acquire with the stainless slide. A dot of red paint helps but TFX PROs may do the trick. Trigger pul is 3.13 lbs. It is a tack driver!

90 handloads through the DE1911 and 75 through the JRC45 carbine. Best day at the range in quite some time. Not sure why I was dead nuts accurate, but I’m happy. Man o man I like 45acp!

I recommend 45acp to all my 9mm buds.

That makes two of us, well maybe 3, Greg is a pretty devout 45 guy, although some say we're misguided and dillusional as technology has improved over the last hundred years so the 9 is allegedly as effective as the 45 was 100 years ago. I still don't buy it one bit but I enjoy being misguided and have been dillusional for sometime.
    Plus my eyes ain't what they used to be and 45's are easier to see.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

140 pieces of lead deposited today with the first fail to chamber. It was a Berrys 200 SWC loaded a bit short. So I’m not blaming the pistol, yet. I loaded a batch of Berry’s SWC with .020 shoulder exposed and thought it may be a bit short. Had a couple hang up in the JRC carbine. I load ACME with .045 exposed and they run great.

Thanks for the update!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

190 hand loads through the DE1911G. Not a single malfunction. 230 RN, 200 SWC and 185 RN all ran perfect. The eye was off today and I may change my screen name to Ol’shaky. On a good note, I was able to dump a complete mag on a 14x14 target at 25 yards. We all get lucky sometimes.

Thanks for another update, but I feel I should point out that you have been remiss in posting photos of your DE in this thread Come on man!
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>