CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lawn/power equipment talk

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Well, the new carb and all the other changeable parts (plugs, air and fuel filters, plug, fuel lines, etc.) didn’t fix my Stihl trimmer. Still has the same symptom and it has not much power even running full speed. At least the kit wasn’t expensive. Nothing else to change out or clean. I saw some videos talking about ring issues with the engines of those trimmers. Guess I may have to try something new. I’ll have to ponder it for a bit.
    If your trimmer has a spark arrestor on the muffler, that is likely your problem.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXznA67-zA

BTW if any of you have small engine issues check out this guys youtube channel
    Steve's Small Engine Saloon
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    If your trimmer has a spark arrestor on the muffler, that is likely your problem.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXznA67-zA

BTW if any of you have small engine issues check out this guys youtube channel
    Steve's Small Engine Saloon
    That Youtube channel is a good one. Used a lot of his videos and some others on the trimmer diagnosis. His beer of the day in the videos is what got me. If you check his website he has a button to “Buy Steve a beer”.

Yeah, Spark arrestor is clean as a whistle. Checked the last little thing yesterday, the small hole in the block who’s pressure operates the fuel pump on the carb. Looks good too. Still has no power. I used to have a compression tester but for the life of me I can’t find it. Anyone know where I put it???
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have had 2 different machines have their gaskets dry out from running them empty. That's why I use the gas saver. Never have to get rid of/use bad gas. Never have to run the crud in the bottom of any tank through any filter running the tank dry. It's worked for me....................mowers, snow throwers, grinders, whippers, generators. Gaskets don't always dry out of course. Some dry out and reinvigorate when they get wet again. Others dry out, crack, get wet again and leak. Some disintegrate over time, some don't because they are rubber. I don't bother to see what type is where, I just treat everything the same. I refuse to waste my time fighting with stubborn machinery. If it wastes too much of my time, it's down the road. I use electric weed whackers because they are convenient, clean, and when they break, I toss them and get another. I purchase my push mowers from overstock places usually for less than $100 shipped to my door. I usually have to attach the handle and wheels. No biggy. I never change the oil, just add if needed. They last an average of about 7-8 years. Changing the oil would not increase the life by very much because I've been there, tried that, so for $100, I don't bother. I DO take care of my riders and blowers because of the investment. I'm another one who likes mowing. It's actually relaxing and can be zen like on a nice day.

I have had a Toro self propelled mower for about 16 years now. I change the oil and sharpen the blade in the fall and run no ethanol premium in it the last tank full in the fall. Good equipment does last if maintained.

Now here is a LAWNMOWER UPGRADE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S_GEbLT6mM
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Now here is a LAWNMOWER UPGRADE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S_GEbLT6mM
    Cool. That looks like something Harrylee would build.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That's wicked cool for sure. I just can't help but wonder how he puts gas or oil in the thing. I'd have to put a side hatch so I could get in the thing. I got a zero turn I'd love to do something cool to. Maybe like a funny car, tilts up, get in, drop it down and off we go.

Damn it now the wheels are turning. Get Harrylee on the line for consultation.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Now dang my ears been burning for a day now and couldn't figure out why till now. It’s you guys! Now this guy is worthy of being my son, now I was thinking a flame thrower attached to it would be good for killing weeds as you mow. Been crazy times with all this shut down stuff so with time off I built another bullet feeder for my buddy in poulsbo washington. Seems like it took for ever but I went a little nutty on it. Now I still look in once in awhile to see what you guys are up to. Here that bullet feeder I made.

Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot