Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something for you K9 owners

Default Something for you K9 owners

Last edited by DavidR; 06-13-2020 at 05:46 AM.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Hmmm. I've never thought that my K9 warranted compensating. It's not "flippy" whatsoever (to me) even with +P self-defense ammo.

Moreover, is having a ported CC self-defense pistol even a good idea?

However, wouldn't it be neat if Kahr offered a non-ported but threaded-for-silencer option for this barrel!!??

rx7sig

Quote Originally Posted by rx7sig View Post
    Hmmm. I've never thought that my K9 warranted compensating. It's not "flippy" whatsoever (to me) even with +P self-defense ammo.

However, wouldn't it be neat if Kahr offered a non-ported but threaded-for-silencer option for this barrel!!??

rx7sig
    That's been my thought. But is there some reason one could not take a T9 barrel and have it threaded?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    But is there some reason one could not take a T9 barrel and have it threaded?
    I posted something about this a couple of months ago: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...323#post411323.

rx7sig

I posted something about this a couple of months ago: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...323#post411323.

rx7sig
    Interesting thread

I did a search a while ago and found a post on a different forum that suggested buying a T9 barrel for the K9 and then having it threaded. I scrutinized several photos of K9 and T9 barrels and concluded this isn't likely to work. I suppose I could call Kahr Inc about this

I wonder what the difference is. They look the same to me, other than the length. I don't have access to a T9 (need to change that), but the K9 barrel isn't conical to any degree I can measure. So I would think it would at least fit. Function might be another matter. Did you ever call Kahr?

I wonder what the difference is. They look the same to me, other than the length. I don't have access to a T9 (need to change that), but the K9 barrel isn't conical to any degree I can measure. So I would think it would at least fit. Function might be another matter. Did you ever call Kahr?
    FreeMe,

I formed the impression, when comparing the various internet photos, that the linkage parts of the K9 and T9 barrels were different enough that the T9 barrel probably shouldn't be used in a K9 even if it were to seem to fit.

No, I never called Kahr regarding this.

rx7sig

Okay, so I asked, and this is the answer I got from Misha at Kahr customer service...

Yes, a T9 barrel can be used in a K9. There will be some fitting required, as with all barrels.

Okay, so I asked, and this is the answer I got from Misha at Kahr customer service...[/FONT][/COLOR]
    This is excellent news, @FreeMe! Thank you.

rx7sig

You're welcome!
    I would assume that "some fitting" is our clue that we shouldn't expect it to be a drop in part.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post

rx7sig
    The K9/K40 threaded barrels have been around for years now... I've had one installed on my K9 and K40 for over 5 years...